No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other variable is, who the hell knows how Amaro defines an "elite prospect." He's had some odd ideas about return in previous "dumping" scenarios, and he and his team haven't been any good at developing any themselves.

It's possible that a deal won't happen until the big FA SP sign and any teams who wanted one but didn't get one might be more willing to pay Amaro's price, whatever it is.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

One more variable is the Hamels added the Red Sox to no trade list.

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Cubs are not listed among the 20 teams on Cole Hamels' no-trade list.
      In other words, Hamels can be traded to the Cubs without his permission. FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported earlier in the day Monday that the Red Sox are on Hamels' updated no-trade list. The Phillies are reportedly looking for at least three top prospects in return for Hamels

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        One more variable is the Hamels added the Red Sox to no trade list.

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Cubs are not listed among the 20 teams on Cole Hamels' no-trade list.
        In other words, Hamels can be traded to the Cubs without his permission. FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported earlier in the day Monday that the Red Sox are on Hamels' updated no-trade list. The Phillies are reportedly looking for at least three top prospects in return for Hamels
        Yeah, but that's really a non issue. He'll just ask the Sox to pick up his vesting option to allow the trade to go through. It's a $24M vesting option or a $20M club option for a fifth year.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Yeah, but that's really a non issue. He'll just ask the Sox to pick up his vesting option to allow the trade to go through. It's a $24M vesting option or a $20M club option for a fifth year.
          He has also stated that he prefers to stay in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            So...if I agree with you, will you do Pitching Tiers this year ?
            No

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              They're truly crazy if they trade Bogaerts. Would be like history repeating itself (Hanley)
              I agree. Wholeheartedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                No
                Well, then you're wrong!
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Miley at Fenway. I don't get that. He's so prone to giving up long balls at just the wrong time that I see a disaster in the making. What say the pen membership?

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
                    Miley at Fenway. I don't get that. He's so prone to giving up long balls at just the wrong time that I see a disaster in the making. What say the pen membership?
                    I tend to agree. I really like his arm and he's good for k's. A bit of a poor man's Gio Gonzalez, maybe? If he had gone to the Mets or Washington or Seattle, for example, I'd have been all over him.

Comment

I've voted disaster and will avoid.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I actually like Miley. He has good stuff and I think the new environment will raise his game. He'll still have an occasional blow-up but I wouldn't shy away.

Comment

The Sox' pitching staff just screams "meh." I won't be going out of my way to roster any of them.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

So Christian Vazquez is having elbow issues and might need TJ. The Sox have Ryan Hanigan and they might bring Swihart north to start the season. Their alternative is Humberto Quintero.

If Vazquez does have TJ, will they get in on Navarro or Castillo, aka the guys Arizona stupidly refuses to trade for?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              So Christian Vazquez is having elbow issues and might need TJ. The Sox have Ryan Hanigan and they might bring Swihart north to start the season. Their alternative is Humberto Quintero.

If Vazquez does have TJ, will they get in on Navarro or Castillo, aka the guys Arizona stupidly refuses to trade for?
                              None of the above...LOL. The irrepressible Sandy Leon!

Red Sox acquired C Sandy Leon from the Nationals.

Leon was out of options and doubtful to make the Nationals' Opening Day roster. A much better opportunity awaits him in Boston, where he will serve as the backup to starting Red Sox catcher Ryan Hanigan. Christian Vazquez may be facing elbow surgery.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Championship!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X