2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davros View Post
    As a Cubs fan myself, I really am not that worried about the Red Sox at the moment. I see them offering a comparable deal to what Chicago will also offer (5 years, $85-$95 total).
    Or I could be completely off on that assessment.

Nick Cafardo ‏@nickcafardo

According to a mAjor league source the Red Sox offer to Jon Lester falls into $110-$120 range over six years.
    If true, it is a large step up from the 4 year offer back in the spring and an offer that Chicago will hesitate to beat. It still seems possible that someone will go to 7 years. I can't imagine Cherington would pay Lester over $20 million at age 37 though, so I can't imagine the Red Sox being that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
      Or I could be completely off on that assessment.

If true, it is a large step up from the 4 year offer back in the spring and an offer that Chicago will hesitate to beat. It still seems possible that someone will go to 7 years. I can't imagine Cherington would pay Lester over $20 million at age 37 though, so I can't imagine the Red Sox being that team.
      I would expect/hope the Cubs to go 6/120. But he might sign with Boston for a little less.

Comment

Boston signs Sandoval to 5 years $100M and are just finishing up on Ramirez 5 years $90M.

Does that take them out of the Lester sweepstakes?

Comment

Is that for real?Where are they going to play two 3Bs?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Maybe a better question is where are they going to play 6 outfielders? Speculation is Ramirez to left field.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              One of them considers himself a shortstop, and isn't much of a third baseman. Now they might (no actual signings yet) have too many outfielders, mi's, dh's and still no pitching.

Comment

3B and LF. With Napoli/Ortiz at 1B/DH there aren't a ton of AB available there.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  3B and LF. With Napoli/Ortiz at 1B/DH there aren't a ton of AB available there.
                  They already had too many outfielders. Maybe they'll put Napoli back at catcher.

If they have signed both Sandoval and Ramirez then they must have a trades in the works for a catcher and pitching.

Comment

They could be stockpiling talent. Once spring training comes they have more leverage.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I am losing Mookie Betts to the Phillies aren't I? NL only death.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                        They already had too many outfielders. Maybe they'll put Napoli back at catcher.

If they have signed both Sandoval and Ramirez then they must have a trades in the works for a catcher and pitching.
                        I don't think catcher is a priority, they have two young catchers they like.
                        Last edited by BigJonEmpire; 11-24-2014, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                          I don't catcher is a priority, they have two young catchers they like.
                          But they are trying to win now. A proven commodity seems likely to be brought in until at least one of the young guys has proven himself, at least as a backup.

Comment

Done deal 4 years 88M for Hanley Ramirez.

Comment

ok, 4/88 sounds a lot more real than 5/90.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                ok, 4/88 sounds a lot more real than 5/90.
                                Yeah 5/90 sounded like a real bargain compared to the contracts folks have been getting this year. I am surprised he couldn't get a 5th year too, given the deals being handed out, but this deal represents the injury risk he embodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X