No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I won Danny Santana in FAAB this week, but don't have a 1B/CI spot to play him yet (Carlos Santana/Yoan Moncada). Do we think Danny will be getting OF eligibility any time soon? He's played a couple of games there already. I guess it will all depend on how well he's playing on both sides of the ball - if he keeps producing he'll get time at 1B/2B/OF I assume.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
      So I won Danny Santana in FAAB this week, but don't have a 1B/CI spot to play him yet (Carlos Santana/Yoan Moncada). Do we think Danny will be getting OF eligibility any time soon? He's played a couple of games there already. I guess it will all depend on how well he's playing on both sides of the ball - if he keeps producing he'll get time at 1B/2B/OF I assume.
      Yes I think they play him all over. So if your league is 5-game eligibility, shouldn’t take too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        So I won Danny Santana in FAAB this week, but don't have a 1B/CI spot to play him yet (Carlos Santana/Yoan Moncada). Do we think Danny will be getting OF eligibility any time soon? He's played a couple of games there already. I guess it will all depend on how well he's playing on both sides of the ball - if he keeps producing he'll get time at 1B/2B/OF I assume.
        He has 2 games in the OF out of his 3 games played so far, so if your league has 3 game eligibility, he could get there as soon as today.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          He has 2 games in the OF out of his 3 games played so far, so if your league has 3 game eligibility, he could get there as soon as today.
          Well, Santana is not cooperating, hitting just .125 through 40 ABs. Time to step it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Well, Santana is not cooperating, hitting just .125 through 40 ABs. Time to step it up!
            Amen Brother Amen!

Comment

• LOL...I was pretty ticked when I missed out on Santana and got Taylor Walls instead.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• How real is Eovaldi? Hard to trust him after so many years of teasing. I can get him for Bret Baty and Scott Barlow, but tempted to hold Baty to package to get Aaron Nola. I think he is going to shoot up midseason lists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  How real is Eovaldi? Hard to trust him after so many years of teasing. I can get him for Bret Baty and Scott Barlow, but tempted to hold Baty to package to get Aaron Nola. I think he is going to shoot up midseason lists.
                  How about "pretty real"? I think the HR/9 is going to correct some, but everything else looks solid, and he's confident enough in his arm to be throwing his slider more.

Comment

How real is Eovaldi? Hard to trust him after so many years of teasing. I can get him for Bret Baty and Scott Barlow, but tempted to hold Baty to package to get Aaron Nola. I think he is going to shoot up midseason lists.
                    Maybe the bigger question is why do you think Nola will get whatever is wrong with him straightened out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Maybe the bigger question is why do you think Nola will get whatever is wrong with him straightened out?
                      3.64xERA 3.45FIP 3.57xFIP, 5.0 K/BB (highest of his career)

What do you mean by "whatever is wrong"?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        How about "pretty real"? I think the HR/9 is going to correct some, but everything else looks solid, and he's confident enough in his arm to be throwing his slider more.
                        I gave Spencer Howard and Aaron Ashby for Eovaldi and Forrest Whitley instead. I am pitcher heavy in the minors, so happy to hold Baty for now. Whitley is probably a never-was, but maybe I can get something for him. Eovaldi is cheap, so if he keeps it up, he will be a keeper.

Comment

Whitley is probably a never-was, but maybe I can get something for him.
                          Could be, but I think he'll throw minor league innings next year if he's on a 15 month recovery cycle. I'd be inclined to keep him; he could be a bust, but maybe with a whole arm again, he will flash the #1 SP stuff he's reputed to have. Of course, knowing your trade skills, you'll probably package him and another minor leaguer for Aaron Nola.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Could be, but I think he'll throw minor league innings next year if he's on a 15 month recovery cycle. I'd be inclined to keep him; he could be a bust, but maybe with a whole arm again, he will flash the #1 SP stuff he's reputed to have. Of course, knowing your trade skills, you'll probably package him and another minor leaguer for Aaron Nola.
                            Ha, that is the plan! The Nola owner is a big Red Sox fan, so maybe I can give them both for him .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              3.64xERA 3.45FIP 3.57xFIP, 5.0 K/BB (highest of his career)

What do you mean by "whatever is wrong"?
                              BABIP is .320 (over his career .293 ave.) Career low on GB rate. Career high on FB rate. Change up not close to the last two years. Since 5/9 he has innings pitched 4,6, 5, 6,5,5. He has given up 20 earned runs in that time. 4 earned in his last outing.

Do you think he is trending in the right direction?

I am a big Nola fan. I am glad I traded him before the season. He will be back in the auction next year. I hope to get him cheap and then he figures it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                BABIP is .320 (over his career .293 ave.) Career low on GB rate. Career high on FB rate. Change up not close to the last two years. Since 5/9 he has innings pitched 4,6, 5, 6,5,5. He has given up 20 earned runs in that time. 4 earned in his last outing.

Do you think he is trending in the right direction?

I am a big Nola fan. I am glad I traded him before the season. He will be back in the auction next year. I hope to get him cheap and then he figures it out.
                                No one is pitching high inning counts this year, and 20 ER over 6 starts isn't a particularly bad number. But I dont think 6 start samples mean much at all, his numbers this year look fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X