2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Strange...almost every league Im in the first few guys end up being underpriced when you look in the rearview.
    Then that is something you are exploiting right?

Usually the first names are big ones. If you can get a big one at a discount you grab them.

Comment

• How much would folks bid on Sale at this point? I wouldn't go higher than $5 and I'm certain he'll go for quite a bit more.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        What is "way below" mean in your league?
        If he is one of the first players thrown and if the draft was this weekend, I would guess he goes for 15 when his AAV is around 25.
        Last edited by Pauly; 03-05-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          How much would folks bid on Sale at this point? I wouldn't go higher than $5 and I'm certain he'll go for quite a bit more.
          Keeper or non keeper? To get him on a new contract I'd probably bet $8ish?

Redraft? I dunno, I think I'm around Garrett Richards level right now. Which isn't going to get him.

The real problem is that he wasn't quite as good last season. Could you value him like Lance McCullers? MacKenzie Gore? Julio Urias? Garrett Richards? AJ Puk? Michael Pineda? Rich Hill? If Sale were to pitch 130 innings, would they be elite or just mediocre?

Comment

If he is one of the first players thrown and if the draft was this weekend, I would guess he goes for 15 when his AAV is around 25.
            I don't think there's any chance he goes for 25 now, nor should he. AAV is pretty meaningless in this situation, unless it's only including leagues that drafted after the injury news.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Keeper or non keeper? To get him on a new contract I'd probably bet $8ish?

Redraft? I dunno, I think I'm around Garrett Richards level right now. Which isn't going to get him.

The real problem is that he wasn't quite as good last season. Could you value him like Lance McCullers? MacKenzie Gore? Julio Urias? Garrett Richards? AJ Puk? Michael Pineda? Rich Hill? If Sale were to pitch 130 innings, would they be elite or just mediocre?
              Exactly, I'll think he'll go for more than 8 if I toss him first.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

I don't think there's any chance he goes for 25 now. AAV is pretty meaningless in this situation, unless it's only including leagues that drafted after the injury news.
                My AAV is based on my individual league and its inflation, but you are making my point for me. If the goal is to get $$ off the table or make someone overpay, throwing Sale earlier isnt the way to do it. Really if you threw Sale for 10 bucks with the first throw of the draft, you risk crickets.

If your goal is to get Sale off the draft board because he is a DND player, OK, but it will throw off people's values.

Comment

• Also, The Sox signed Collin McHugh. Might be worth a shot late in a D&H

Comment

My AAV is based on my individual league and its inflation, but you are making my point for me. If the goal is to get $$ off the table or make someone overpay, throwing Sale earlier isnt the way to do it. Really if you threw Sale for 10 bucks with the first throw of the draft, you risk crickets.

If your goal is to get Sale off the draft board because he is a DND player, OK, but it will throw off people's values.
                    How do you get an AAV from one league?

Yes, for me he's a DND and if I think his value at this point is only $5-8, then there is very little chance he will go "under value" if I toss him early. I understand your argument but I just don't think his price will be higher later on.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

How do you get an AAV from one league?

Yes, for me he's a DND and if I think his value at this point is only $5-8, then there is very little chance he will go "under value" if I toss him early. I understand your argument but I just don't think his price will be higher later on.
                      sorry aav meant adjusted auction value to me not average.

Comment

sorry aav meant adjusted auction value to me not average.
                        So how are you arriving at 25? Why would anyone pay 25 for him now?
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

So how are you arriving at 25? Why would anyone pay 25 for him now?
                          Pre-elbow based on ADP and available players he was 25-28 with inflation. You asked how everything thats happened would change his value.

Comment

Pre-elbow based on ADP and available players he was 25-28 with inflation. You asked how everything thats happened would change his value.
                            I think you mean without inflation, and if so I agree. With inflation is league dependent and varies widely.

Comment

But why is pre-elbow valuation relevant?
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

But why is pre-elbow valuation relevant?
                                Present valuation = (pre-elbow valuation - (Number of visits to Dr. Andrews)*2 - (Number of consults by Dr. ElAttrache)*3)/(number of visits to Mets doctors)*100
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X