2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    .337/.414/.515 hitters aren't off to slow starts. Hope that helps.

Whenever looking at data and it looks off, a back of the envelope look is useful. You might want to try to build that into your analysis.

In this case, you have a player who is hitting with high average, getting on base at a high rate, and hitting with power. If you are thinking that he's off to a "slow start" then you likely need to adjust how you look at baseball data, because this is not one, by any reasonable definition of slow.
    Wrong. It is a slow start in terms of ACTUAL counting stats for fantasy baseball 5x5 leagues. Any reasonable person would see that.

And like I already said, I believe that he will be a monster going forward..based on those stats that you provided.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Wrong.
      Right!

Comment

Right!
        I disagree
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• And JD finishes up April with an 0-4.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

And JD finishes up April with an 0-4.
            Should I drop him in my 6 team mixed league ?
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And JD finishes up April with an 0-4.
              Please stop trolling and posting single game hitting stats. I know you want to be a heel, but in reality it’s just annoying.

Comment

Wrong. It is a slow start in terms of ACTUAL counting stats for fantasy baseball 5x5 leagues. Any reasonable person would see that.
                I guess your definition of reasonable people is basically idiots then. If someone thinks that a .337/.414/.515 hitter is off to a slow start they don't know baseball. Now, the Red Sox are down overall on offense, sure. That's not JDM's fault. Nor is it likely to continue. But that's not what you said. You said HE was off to a slow start. Ridiculous. You are smarter than that. You can't possibly play fantasy baseball for 30 years and not understand simple fundamental concepts.

And give me a break with the top 100 garbage. That's like me saying Bellinger had a good night at the plate tonight going 1-3 with 2 runs and your reply being "No, he's not even top 10% on his own team, Freese went 2-3 with 2 R".

I guess 850 fantasy players are having slow starts on the year since they aren't top 100!

Dwight Smith is a top 50 fantasy player right now. He sure as hell isn't going to be at the end of the year. His fast start doesn't have anything to do with how valuable JDM has been this year. Using a ranking number like that after a month of games is just ignorant.

Extrapolate out JDMs numbers and he would have ended up as a top 15 bat based on 2018 stats across the league. Hate to break it to you, but that isn't a slow start.

Come on you are smarter than this man.

Comment

I guess your definition of reasonable people is basically idiots then. If someone thinks that a .337/.414/.515 hitter is off to a slow start they don't know baseball. Now, the Red Sox are down overall on offense, sure. That's not JDM's fault. Nor is it likely to continue. But that's not what you said. You said HE was off to a slow start. Ridiculous. You are smarter than that. You can't possibly play fantasy baseball for 30 years and not understand simple fundamental concepts.

And give me a break with the top 100 garbage. That's like me saying Bellinger had a good night at the plate tonight going 1-3 with 2 runs and your reply being "No, he's not even top 10% on his own team, Freese went 2-3 with 2 R".

I guess 850 fantasy players are having slow starts on the year since they aren't top 100!

Dwight Smith is a top 50 fantasy player right now. He sure as hell isn't going to be at the end of the year. His fast start doesn't have anything to do with how valuable JDM has been this year. Using a ranking number like that after a month of games is just ignorant.

Extrapolate out JDMs numbers and he would have ended up as a top 15 bat based on 2018 stats across the league. Hate to break it to you, but that isn't a slow start.

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Wait, we moved to 5 now? Damn, I'm behind the times now, so out of style....

Comment

I guess you can't seem to understand that SO FAR in 5x5 he has been crappy outside of average. You can spout off all that you want about how great JD is, but SO FAR he has been disappointing. Stats dont lie. For as obviously intelligent that you seem to be, you cant seem to understand the words SO FAR.

0-4 today.

Comment

I guess you can't seem to understand that SO FAR in 5x5 he has been crappy outside of average. You can spout off all that you want about how great JD is, but SO FAR he has been disappointing. Stats dont lie. For as obviously intelligent that you seem to be, you cant seem to understand the words SO FAR.

0-4 today.
                        I was talking about so far too. How many times did I reference the elite slash line? C'mon.

You don't seem to intellectually grasp that star players aren't stars because they have elite numbers every single game or every single week or every single month. They have a base level of production that they give just by getting out of bed each day that is higher than average. They go through slumps less. And they have higher top end streaks.

I'm not sure why it is so difficult for you to understand that this is not a slow start for JDM, it's just that base level referenced above. This is not what a slump looks like or a slow start. When a player slumps you see it in their slash line.

Jackie Bradley is slumping. JDM is not. It seems obvious, anyone with any experience in baseball can see the difference in that. Seems disingenuous for you to suggest you can't grasp this simple concept after 30 years of fantasy baseball. Surely you can look at Jackie Bradley's numbers and JDM's numbers and deduce the difference. One is slumping, the other is not.

But you weren't trying to be intelligent, so I can't blame you for another ignorant post, I'm sure it's just playing the heel. Troll away heel!
                        Last edited by Ken; 05-02-2019, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I was talking about so far too. How many times did I reference the elite slash line? C'mon.

You don't seem to intellectually grasp that star players aren't stars because they have elite numbers every single game or every single week or every single month. They have a base level of production that they give just by getting out of bed each day that is higher than average. They go through slumps less. And they have higher top end streaks.

I'm not sure why it is so difficult for you to understand that this is not a slow start for JDM, it's just that base level referenced above. This is not what a slump looks like or a slow start. When a player slumps you see it in their slash line.

Jackie Bradley is slumping. JDM is not. It seems obvious, anyone with any experience in baseball can see the difference in that. Seems disingenuous for you to suggest you can't grasp this simple concept after 30 years of fantasy baseball. Surely you can look at Jackie Bradley's numbers and JDM's numbers and deduce the difference. One is slumping, the other is not.

But you weren't trying to be intelligent, so I can't blame you for another ignorant post, I'm sure it's just playing the heel. Troll away heel!
                          You really should get a humanitarian award of some kind for continuing this conversation (and I use that word loosely).
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            You really should get a humanitarian award of some kind for continuing this conversation (and I use that word loosely).
                            I do like my humanitarian award winners to use phrases like; But you weren't trying to be intelligent, so I can't blame you for another ignorant post,

I do not use Smilies, but if I did I would use one here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I do like my humanitarian award winners to use phrases like; But you weren't trying to be intelligent, so I can't blame you for another ignorant post,

I do not use Smilies, but if I did I would use one here.
                              It was one of his better lines, if not his best.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

0-4 today.
                                3-4 today, with another RBI

Comment

Working...
                                X