No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are a number of players who are off to a slow start or are on the IL. Your complaining about your players is sad - why do you constantly do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
      There are a number of players who are off to a slow start or are on the IL. Your complaining about your players is sad - why do you constantly do it?
      Liven this joint up. It's so damn dead here most of the time. Every site needs a heel or two.

Now JD is out with back spasms. Nice.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The four home runs is about 2 HR short of a 40 HR pace. The runs and RBI's aren't his issue. It isn't JD who needs to wake up, its the rest of the Red Sox lineup that needs to wake up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Liven this joint up. It's so damn dead here most of the time. Every site needs a heel or two.

Now JD is out with back spasms. Nice.
          There is a difference between being a heel and bringing the average IQ level down 40 points. Be a heel if you want but make good points. Complaining about a player hitting .340 is just ignorant. You are smarter than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Michael Chavis is up, and interestingly, he's played 2 games at 3B, 3 games at 2B,[B] so he could quickly get 1B/2B/3B for this year, and likely to get a fair amount of 3B time with Devers' reported defensive struggles.[/B[ I'm stoked he'll get 2B quickly though! I had no idea he could play 2B!
            I don't see how this scenario figures to play out. Devers is younger than Chavis, has already spent a year and half in the majors, and has a blue chip pedigree. Chavis is a nice story, but at this point, he's no threat to Devers, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I don't see how this scenario figures to play out. Devers is younger than Chavis, has already spent a year and half in the majors, and has a blue chip pedigree. Chavis is a nice story, but at this point, he's no threat to Devers, IMO.
              It is unlikely, but if Chavis is hitting and Devers isn't and the defending champs are struggling, you never know what happens. Most likely, however, both play because people get hurt.

Comment

• Chavis is a former first round pick who hit .282 with 31 hr & 95 rbi between A/AA in 2017. A PED suspension cost him more than half of a season in 2018 but he's had decent numbers in a small sampling of AAA continuing into this year. He could force his way into some more playing time.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Chavis is a former first round pick who hit .282 with 31 hr & 95 rbi between A/AA in 2017. A PED suspension cost him more than half of a season in 2018 but he's had decent numbers in a small sampling of AAA continuing into this year. He could force his way into some more playing time.
                  I don't believe that PT would come at the expense of Devers...just can't see it happening. 2nd base, maybe some DH, could even learn a little 1st...more like a super utility if his glove will play, IMO.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    I don't believe that PT would come at the expense of Devers...just can't see it happening. 2nd base, maybe some DH, could even learn a little 1st...more like a super utility if his glove will play, IMO.
                    Some notes from today's game. Chavis hit a monster HR off Glasnow, his 3rd in 24 AB, while playing his 5th game at 2B. Devers committed his 8th error today, while Chavis made his 1st error.

I could see Devers being moved off 3rd full-time and giving a share of 3B to Chavis, but that would only be to slide Devers to DH... oh wait. JD Martinez. I dunno how it gets resolved, but Devers' defensive issues won't continue without being addressed, either by him improving at third or moving somewhere he is less exposed.

Reminds me of Nick Castellanos.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Can’t imagine Sale is too happy about Devers’ play in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Because whining about a guy hitting .340 makes you look dumb.
                        .279/.360/.442 with 3 HR in March/April of 2016
                        DNP in March/April of 2017 (ended the season with 45 HR)
                        .337/.384/.574 with 5 HR in March/April of 2018 (ended the season with 43 HR)
                        .340/.423/.526 with 4 HR in March/April of 2019

Clearly he's struggling this year guys. People who drafted him never would have expected this low level of production.

(sorry my sarcasm is so high today)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          .279/.360/.442 with 3 HR in March/April of 2016
                          DNP in March/April of 2017 (ended the season with 45 HR)
                          .337/.384/.574 with 5 HR in March/April of 2018 (ended the season with 43 HR)
                          .340/.423/.526 with 4 HR in March/April of 2019

Clearly he's struggling this year guys. People who drafted him never would have expected this low level of production.

(sorry my sarcasm is so high today)
                          Did I say I expect him to not produce at all the rest of the year? Another slow start. Ok.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

slow start.
                            Hahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Hahahahaha
                              Well if being the 109th ranked player in 5x5 (as of today) isn't a slow start, then we differ on what a slow start is exactly.

If you looked at his stats right now, please don't tell me you would equate that with anything more than a 1 category contributor SO FAR. Because that's all that he has done SO FAR. And yet I know that baseball season is a marathon and not a sprint, hence my keeping JD despite not having a stellar month of April.

Comment

Well if being the 109th ranked player in 5x5 (as of today) isn't a slow start, then we differ on what a slow start is exactly.
                                .337/.414/.515 hitters aren't off to slow starts. Hope that helps.

Whenever looking at data and it looks off, a back of the envelope look is useful. You might want to try to build that into your analysis.

In this case, you have a player who is hitting with high average, getting on base at a high rate, and hitting with power. If you are thinking that he's off to a "slow start" then you likely need to adjust how you look at baseball data, because this is not one, by any reasonable definition of slow.
                                Last edited by Ken; 04-30-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X