Fernando Martinez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Martinez

He used to be a top prospect but seems like his time has past. Is it time to give up on him or would you hold onto him for a little while longer to see if he'll come around. I have him signed to a cheap, long-term contract, but he's taking up a space on my 40-man roster that I might need for another player.
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Dump him. He couldn't even break the OF in Houston which shouldn't have been that tough of a battle for a so-called top prospect like him.

Think of it this way - do you really want a roster slot occupied by a guy who got beat out by an OF named "Hoes"?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Dump him. He couldn't even break the OF in Houston which shouldn't have been that tough of a battle for a so-called top prospect like him.

Think of it this way - do you really want a roster slot occupied by a guy who got beat out by an OF named "Hoes"?
      I'm with chancellor on this one. Martinez may be able to scratch out a few more years as a #4/5/AAA OF on mediocre or bad teams, but that's about it. Think about all the stiffs who passed him this year in Houston's depleted system. Most of those guys wound up on my MSGL team, God help me, but not Martinez.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

If you look closely, you can see the fork in his back

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          If you look closely, you can see the fork in his back
          I agree, but I don't get a vote. If even one of 30 GMs or player personnel types remembers the hype, he'll find work. If I'm wrong and the GM/player personnel guy is right (they certainly know more than I), he could be a heck of a "find".
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

I was able to dump him in a trade. He had 4 years left on a contract so it was nice to have his contract off my 40-man roster.
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
            X