Bryan Pena signs 2 year deal with Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Pena signs 2 year deal with Cincy

Interesting NL only option in that park. Also means Hanigan or Mesoraco are being dealt which goes hand in hand with the hot Brandon Phillips trade rumors.

A career .258 hitter with very limited power. I don't think he's draftable in most 2 catcher NL-only leagues (unless it's very deep) if he's the backup to Mesoraco.

Comment

Not imho. NL-only league deepness depends on roster size (including bench and IR allocations) and the number of teams in your league. Your post implies that 12 teams is the only flavor of league out there that owners play in.
      Btw, I only play in one league so my experience is clearly not as vast as most of the owners in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Interesting NL only option in that park. Also means Hanigan or Mesoraco are being dealt which goes hand in hand with the hot Brandon Phillips trade rumors.
        They're looking to dump Hanigan with Mesoraco starting and Pena backing up.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          They're looking to dump Hanigan with Mesoraco starting and Pena backing up.
          Exactly. Hanigan's value was mostly in his ability to hit a little, and besides getting hurt a lot last year, he didn't hit when he was healthy. Pena is pretty much the same kind of catcher as Hanigan--he's average defensively and hits just enough to not hurt you.

Considering that the current alternative to Hanigan was to once again revive the corpse of Corky Miller (terrible hitter, great mustache), the Reds made a good choice in signing Pena.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Working...
          X