No announcement yet.

2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundy was looking great at the start of the season, and his slider was awesome. He used it a lot. That was also the pitch that the Orioles did not let him use for a while in the minors because of potential damage to his arm. I get a feeling a DL stint, possibly a long one is in his near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Ouch. In a H2H matchup I don't think I can recover from this.
      But I did! Even with Lynn and Shark active this week, Snell, Felix and Fulmer did more damage to my opponent's ratios!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Chris Davis is excelling in ineptitude to such a degree he deserves an award.
        .154 BA, 4 HRs, 9 Runs, 75 Ks in 188 ABs.

Oh, the Orioles still owe him over $100 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Chris Davis is excelling in ineptitude to such a degree he deserves an award.
          .154 BA, 4 HRs, 9 Runs, 75 Ks in 188 ABs.

Oh, the Orioles still owe him over $100 million.
          And I thought he might be a worthwhile buy at $8 in my AL only.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            And I thought he might be a worthwhile buy at $8 in my AL only.
            oh he is worthwhile, on a hot summer day with no breeze........
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Tim Beckham activated from the 60-day DL and will start at 3B and bat 8th tonight.

Comment

• Such a long recovery from his groin strain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Such a long recovery from his groin strain.
                  I thought it was "core muscle surgery", whatever that is, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    I thought it was "core muscle surgery", whatever that is, lol.
                    That's on me -- surprised he's coming back this quickly then. Same thing that Brad Miller had last year. What used to always be called groin problems are often core muscle troubles. I did write up Miller's issue earlier this year. MoveforwardPT.com has some great info on it:

"A core muscle injury usually occurs where the abdominal muscles attach in your pelvis. There is no protrusion of organs, but there are tears in tendons and muscles, such as those surrounding the hip. This makes the term “hernia” a misnomer, as the term hernia means when organs from your abdomen come out through spaces, such as the inguinal canal. Nerve irritation can also occur, contributing to the uncomfortable symptoms."

Comment

• With Machado gone, Beckham, Davis, Valencia and Peterson are all starters until September, right? What order would you put them in for 5x5 (AL only)?

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        With Machado gone, Beckham, Davis, Valencia and Peterson are all starters until September, right? What order would you put them in for 5x5 (AL only)?
                        Valencia
                        Beckham
                        Davis
                        Peterson
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Doog Poop
                          Garbage
                          Crap
                          Puke
                          Valencia
                          Beckham
                          Davis
                          Peterson
                          Fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Fixed
                            I'd put garbage behinds crap, between Beckham and Davis.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Buck Showalter will not return as manager of the Orioles next season and may assume another role in the organization after the team lost 115 games this year.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• RW reports that Dan Duquette wont return as GM. Makes sense.

Also, Baltimore radio reported today that Showalter wont be w the org in any capacity.

Comment

Working...
                                X