2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    What about Paredes who should be wrapping up rehab soon? He played 8 games at 3B last year and would provide more of a bat than Flaherty.
    Good point. But then who gets sent down? A pitcher? I think it's either Flaherty or Paredes but not both unless someone gets injured. They wont send down a pitcher w the starters struggling the way they are.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Good point. But then who gets sent down? A pitcher? I think it's either Flaherty or Paredes but not both unless someone gets injured. They wont send down a pitcher w the starters struggling the way they are.
      Doesn't Hardy to the DL open a spot? Or were you accounting for that with the Flaherty move?

If so, maybe a pitcher? They need some more flexibility since they are short on IF.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Orioles requested Hyun-Soo Kim be sent to AAA...again. And he again rejected it. WTF? Can someone explain that to a guy who doesn't live in the Baltimore area? I know it's only 139 AB's, but the guy is slashing .345/.428/.482????? (And I see as I type this he's 2-for-3 today already.) He hasn't hit for much power, but how can a team not have use for a guy getting on base 42% of the time????? That's just crazy. What in the world is their infatuation with Joey Rickard? (.265/.320/.380) (Yes, I know he's a Rule-V pick and Rickard can't be sent down.)

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
          Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Orioles requested Hyun-Soo Kim be sent to AAA...again. And he again rejected it. WTF? Can someone explain that to a guy who doesn't live in the Baltimore area? I know it's only 139 AB's, but the guy is slashing .345/.428/.482????? (And I see as I type this he's 2-for-3 today already.) He hasn't hit for much power, but how can a team not have use for a guy getting on base 42% of the time????? That's just crazy. What in the world is their infatuation with Joey Rickard? (.265/.320/.380) (Yes, I know he's a Rule-V pick and Rickard can't be sent down.)
          You just answered your own question. It's not that they have no use for Kim, but in some stretches they could use an extra arm more.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            You just answered your own question. It's not that they have no use for Kim, but in some stretches they could use an extra arm more.
            I guess. I'm just not seeing how an extra arm in the bullpen can ever be worth more to a team than a guy getting on base consistently almost 45% of the time.

Comment

Trey Mancini has been killing it. Two multi-HR games this week, and in his short career of 36 ABs he has a whopping 7 HRs. How much longer until the O's make him an every day starter? It looks like there are opportunities for him in platoons with Kim vs. RHPs and Smith vs. LHPs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Trey Mancini has been killing it. Two multi-HR games this week, and in his short career of 36 ABs he has a whopping 7 HRs. How much longer until the O's make him an every day starter? It looks like there are opportunities for him in platoons with Kim vs. RHPs and Smith vs. LHPs.
                It must be the bat.

"I'm more impressed with his bat," Showalter said after the 11-4 win. "So Trey hits his second home run, and [Craig] Gentry grabs his bat and says, 'I'm going to give that bat a try,' and he hits a home run. Manny [Machado] said, 'You know what? Give me that bat.' And Manny hit a home run. So all of them were with Mancini's bat. I've never seen that before."

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news...g10tuvwnqog8nb
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Oof. What was the matter with Gausman tonight? Career-high 8ER in only 2+ innings. And against the Reds.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                    Oof. What was the matter with Gausman tonight? Career-high 8ER in only 2+ innings. And against the Reds.
                    Just in the little I saw, he had absolutely no command.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Just in the little I saw, he had absolutely no command.
                      he wasnt missing by much but the calls he didnt get were clearly bothering him. His body language was terrible.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

4 hits 4 runs no outs so far for Gausman today. so many people around here loved this guy...he has been AWFUL!

Comment

Certainly not paying any dividends for my team so far. Is a DL stint in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                            Certainly not paying any dividends for my team so far. Is a DL stint in the works?
                            Been pretty quiet about that so far - haven't heard any of the rumblings to cover a DL stint for suckitude like "tired arm" "dead arm" or "fatigued".
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              4 hits 4 runs no outs so far for Gausman today. so many people around here loved this guy...he has been AWFUL!
                              Another stinker today. I think Im done. The only trepidation I have is that I dropped Wainwright in similar circumstances last season and of course he turned it around

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Another stinker today. I think Im done. The only trepidation I have is that I dropped Wainwright in similar circumstances last season and of course he turned it around
                                It all depends on the depth of the league and your commitment to streaming pitchers

Comment

Working...
                                X