No announcement yet.

2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy Paredes has a stress fracture in his wrist and will probably be sidelined 6-to-8 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Jimmy Paredes has a stress fracture in his wrist and will probably be sidelined 6-to-8 weeks.
      Problem solved -- they're signing Pedro Alvarez to be their DH. Nice knowing ya, Jimmy.

Comment

Assuming Pedro can survive the Orioles physical gauntlet. Man, Davis/Pedro/Trumbo is an awful lot of home runs.

Comment

I like this signing. Didnt cost them much (reportedly 1 yr $5.75 mil) and he's a former #1 overall pick and led the NL in HRs in 2014. I imagine Davis is going to see a lot of time in RF now, which is not ideal but there are worse RFers (UZR/150 was 20.4 for 2015 in limited games). They may try to platoon Alvarez, altho his L/R splits werent bad in 2015. But, man are the O's ever going to strike out a lot!
          Last edited by rhd; 03-08-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Assuming Pedro can survive the Orioles physical gauntlet. Man, Davis/Pedro/Trumbo is an awful lot of home runs.
            Don't forget Machado...35 last year! Earl Weaver is smiling...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Hyun-soo Kim likely not to make the opening day roster. who knows if he'll accept a minor league assignment. Joey Rickard has been announced as making the opening day roster, and is likely to get most of the AB in LF.

Miguel Gonzalez released. with Gausman still nursing a sore shoulder, it's unclear who the 5th starter will be. one of Vance Worley, Tyler Wilson, or Mike Wright. ugh.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

This could be one of the worst pitches I've ever seen. It might be worse than many celebrity first pitches:

Chris Tillman had a rough night. The Orioles pulled him after he gave up 6 runs in 5.1 innings of work. That’s nothing to be ashamed of, the Rangers can really hit and they’re in their home ballpark. However this pitch to Adrian Beltre is flat embarrassing.

Comment

This could be one of the worst pitches I've ever seen. It might be worse than many celebrity first pitches:

http://deadspin.com/this-pitch-was-s...ium=socialflow
                  Just a bit outside, he tried the corner and missed.

How can these guys lay off pitches that close?
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

http://deadspin.com/this-pitch-was-s...ium=socialflow

Comment

JJ Hardy has a broken bone in his foot and will miss the next 6-to-8 weeks. Machado owners rejoice as he now will likely surpass the 20-games needed in most leagues to be eligible at SS next season.

Comment

JJ Hardy has a broken bone in his foot and will miss the next 6-to-8 weeks. Machado owners rejoice as he now will likely surpass the 20-games needed in most leagues to be eligible at SS next season.
                        Who plays 3B in that scenario? Does Schoop move over and a move from AAA to cover 2b?
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Who plays 3B in that scenario? Does Schoop move over and a move from AAA to cover 2b?
                          Alvarez played 3B on Sunday. Flaherty is being recalled so he can play there, too. Also, Davis can play there but I doubt he'll be used there much. I doubt Schoop will move over. They also could keep Machado at 3B and recall Paul Janish to fill in at SS, but then who gets sent down?

Comment

Flaherty makes sense. I just couldn't see them living with Pedro Alvarez at 3b.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Flaherty makes sense. I just couldn't see them living with Pedro Alvarez at 3b.
                              I don't either, but Alvarez at 3B would give them an opportunity to start giving Kim more time on the field.

Comment

What about Paredes who should be wrapping up rehab soon? He played 8 games at 3B last year and would provide more of a bat than Flaherty.

Comment

Working...
                                X