No announcement yet.

2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in case anyone is wondering if Josh Donaldson might run a bit more this year with the Jays ... tweet from him last night (BTW, lamelaza_7 is Jose Reyes) ...

Josh Donaldson ‏@BringerOfRain20 11h11 hours ago
    @lamelaza_7 inspired me to try to steal because he makes it look too easy quickly found out I should stay in my lane.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It's been assumed since the Stroman injury but Gibbons told us today that Sanchez as a starter is pretty much done deal now.

Comment

And any mystery is now over...Gibbons names Brett Cecil officially as the closer.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          And any mystery is now over...Gibbons names Brett Cecil officially as the closer.
          yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

According to John Lott of the National Post, Devon Travis "would appear to have an edge" on the Blue Jays' Opening Day second base gig.
            Maicer Izturis had been the frontrunner, but he suffered a groin strain last week and will begin the regular season on the disabled list. That leaves Travis and Ryan Goins in the competition for the job. Travis, acquired from the Tigers this winter for outfielder Anthony Gose, batted .298/.358/.460 with 10 home runs and 16 stolen bases in 100 games last season at Double-A Erie and boasts a .941 OPS through 41 plate appearances this spring. He's a fantasy sleeper-Rotoworld

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              I was chatting with gris last night and did a search for "blue jays fantasy camp". I discovered that they hald a 1d fantasy camp July 22, 2013 run by Carlos Delgado and attended by an impressive list of alumni:

Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar, Juan Guzman, Alex Gonzalez, Shawn Green, Cy Young Award winner Pat Hentgen, Jose Cruz, Candy Maldonado, Duane Ward and Lloyd Moseby

Tony Fernandez, George Bell and Cito Gaston are pictured but not listed. http://www.thestar.com/photos/2013/0...tasy_camp.html

They still run a baseball academy where many of the above are instructors. http://mlb.mlb.com/tor/baseball_academy/index.jsp
              Ask and ye shall receive. http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/...ntasy_camp.jsp

$5265.80 includes airfare. After getting my first taste of spring training, I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Or this:

https://vine.co/v/eBHUJeXFed9

Can't figure out how to embed this Vine for the life of me.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Wow!!!!! Check out this unbelievable catch made by Kevin Pillar!

http://m.mlb.com/video/v75401683/tbt.../?query=pillar
                  That was amazing.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Wow! What a great catch. Reminded me a little of when Brian Giles climbed almost into the stands to get one.

Comment

• Jays release Ricky Romero today. What a nosedive he took. I hope he gets a shot somewhere but he was trying to come back from 2 knee surgeries.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• So Adam Jones (BAL) is having a great year so far, right? Well kind of crazy to look and see that Devon Travis has 1 more HR, basically the same RBI/R, 1 more SB (1 to 0), and is batting only 35 pts lower than Jones's lofty .403. In my AL league Travis is the #6 ranked player so far. What a ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                          So Adam Jones (BAL) is having a great year so far, right? Well kind of crazy to look and see that Devon Travis has 1 more HR, basically the same RBI/R, 1 more SB (1 to 0), and is batting only 35 pts lower than Jones's lofty .403. In my AL league Travis is the #6 ranked player so far. What a ride!
                          Our pitching that was going to be available in the auction was so bad that I traded him. It was before he was named the starter, but I do have regrets.

Comment

• Marco Estrada in the rotation, Daniel Norris to AAA.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• oh sweet jesus....he's going to serve up a ton of homers

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                                So Adam Jones (BAL) is having a great year so far, right? Well kind of crazy to look and see that Devon Travis has 1 more HR, basically the same RBI/R, 1 more SB (1 to 0), and is batting only 35 pts lower than Jones's lofty .403. In my AL league Travis is the #6 ranked player so far. What a ride!
                                Travis is keeping one of my teams afloat. Cutch and Beltre have been no shows.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X