No announcement yet.

2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was chatting with gris last night and did a search for "blue jays fantasy camp". I discovered that they hald a 1d fantasy camp July 22, 2013 run by Carlos Delgado and attended by an impressive list of alumni:

Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar, Juan Guzman, Alex Gonzalez, Shawn Green, Cy Young Award winner Pat Hentgen, Jose Cruz, Candy Maldonado, Duane Ward and Lloyd Moseby

Tony Fernandez, George Bell and Cito Gaston are pictured but not listed. http://www.thestar.com/photos/2013/0...tasy_camp.html

Alomar is my all time favourite Jay and I would have jumped at the chance to meet him. Here is the full list of benefits:

(1) Mix and mingle with Blue Jays legends on the field while you receive baseball skills instruction during a full workout.
    (2) Take batting practice at Rogers Centre.
    (3) Take a tour of the Jays Clubhouse.
    (4) Mix and mingle with some Blue Jays legends while watching the Blue Jays take on the Los Angeles Dodgers from an Acura Luxury Suite.
    (5) Each participant will receive a uniform, t-shirt, baseball cap and a goodie bag.

They still run a baseball academy where many of the above are instructors. http://mlb.mlb.com/tor/baseball_academy/index.jsp

I have to keep this on my radar! Greg, have you heard anything about this?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      I was chatting with gris last night and did a search for "blue jays fantasy camp". I discovered that they hald a 1d fantasy camp July 22, 2013 run by Carlos Delgado and attended by an impressive list of alumni:

Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar, Juan Guzman, Alex Gonzalez, Shawn Green, Cy Young Award winner Pat Hentgen, Jose Cruz, Candy Maldonado, Duane Ward and Lloyd Moseby

Tony Fernandez, George Bell and Cito Gaston are pictured but not listed. http://www.thestar.com/photos/2013/0...tasy_camp.html

Alomar is my all time favourite Jay and I would have jumped at the chance to meet him. Here is the full list of benefits:

(1) Mix and mingle with Blue Jays legends on the field while you receive baseball skills instruction during a full workout.
      (2) Take batting practice at Rogers Centre.
      (3) Take a tour of the Jays Clubhouse.
      (4) Mix and mingle with some Blue Jays legends while watching the Blue Jays take on the Los Angeles Dodgers from an Acura Luxury Suite.
      (5) Each participant will receive a uniform, t-shirt, baseball cap and a goodie bag.

They still run a baseball academy where many of the above are instructors. http://mlb.mlb.com/tor/baseball_academy/index.jsp

I have to keep this on my radar! Greg, have you heard anything about this?
      I used to have a foul ball hit by Robbie in AA Wichita. That was a while back and three moves ago. :shrug: I still have about 30 of his rookie cards. The kicker is that I went to school with Joe Carter at Wichita State, not that he ever showed for class. Just missed on a walk off 400 foot HR from a college game. He left and the next year they go to #1.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

In case you missed it, the Jays signed Johan Santana to a minor league deal. Long shot, but who knows - he's still 35, and last year's injury wasn't arm-related (achilles).
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Daniel Norris, the Jays' #1 prospect, is super rad:

He throws 96. He's the Jays' No. 1 prospect. He signed for millions. And he lives in a VW camper. Meet Daniel Norris, the most interesting pitcher in baseball.

Seriously, check out the article. You'll be glad you did!
          yeah, lots of press up here about him ... he said that the axe shaving pic was for the promo.

and fwiw, he shaved the beard off the day before he headed the van towards Florida.

I think he's the main determinant for whether Sanchez starts the year in the rotation or bullpen - if he has a good spring he could be the #5 guy ... with Sanchez closing all of a sudden the bullpen wouldn't look so bad.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

He throws 96. He's the Jays' No. 1 prospect. He signed for millions. And he lives in a VW camper. Meet Daniel Norris, the most interesting pitcher in baseball.

He should see if Brian Wilson and "The Machine" want to move in with him....
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

In my league he'll go for double digits now.
              Last edited by DMT; 03-05-2015, 06:02 PM.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

The Nike contract seemed out of place while reading that... otherwise great stuff.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  yeah, lots of press up here about him ... he said that the axe shaving pic was for the promo.

and fwiw, he shaved the beard off the day before he headed the van towards Florida.

I think he's the main determinant for whether Sanchez starts the year in the rotation or bullpen - if he has a good spring he could be the #5 guy ... with Sanchez closing all of a sudden the bullpen wouldn't look so bad.
                  What about Cecil as the closer?

Comment

awesome story.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      well, keep an eye on how Norris does in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Brett Cecil MRI on ailing left shoulder says he may need another 10 days. Gibbons suggests it may change Sanchez situation

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                          Brett Cecil MRI on ailing left shoulder says he may need another 10 days. Gibbons suggests it may change Sanchez situation

https://twitter.com/RGriffinStar/sta...11470940114944
                          Which would then make it very likely Norris claims the #5 role. I have my last keeper slot open in my 12-team AL-only keeper league (30% inflation). If Norris is officially anointed the #5 starter, would you keep him for $5?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                            Which would then make it very likely Norris claims the #5 role. I have my last keeper slot open in my 12-team AL-only keeper league (30% inflation). If Norris is officially anointed the #5 starter, would you keep him for $5?
                            I'd say yes unless you have another very good option.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                              if he pitches well enough to earn a spot in the rotation, yep. In a 12 team AL league - for sure.

Comment

Is it going to be this kind of year, Jays fans?

Kevin Pillar will be sidelined for the next 7-10 days with a slight right oblique strain.
                                Pillar suffered the injury when he sneezed. The Blue Jays are confident that it's just a minor strain and they are hopeful Pillar will be ready in time for Opening Day.
                                Source: Richard Griffin on TwitterMar 15 - 11:07 AM

Comment

Working...
                                X