Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    More wins?

Kidding aside, how is the teams chemistry? I do not follow them beyond stats. Chemistry is hard to measure, but it sure seems to make a big difference.
    It's actually really good, better than I might have thought. The problem has been 2 things - middle relief, we've lost a bunch of games in the 7th and 8th. And the offence kind of disappeared in August. Maybe it's the dog days thing hitting the young kids especially hard, I'm not sure. But they're hanging around - just ... If they can go on a hot streak in Sept they still might be able to pull off a wildcard.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      It's actually really good, better than I might have thought. The problem has been 2 things - middle relief, we've lost a bunch of games in the 7th and 8th. And the offence kind of disappeared in August. Maybe it's the dog days thing hitting the young kids especially hard, I'm not sure. But they're hanging around - just ... If they can go on a hot streak in Sept they still might be able to pull off a wildcard.
      Springer has been injured a lot. I think with Springer healthy all season we'd have been a wildcard team, but the bullpen has really hurt us as you noted.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I noticed in their division they are 26-27. Against Central division 14-12 where Bos, NY and TB has much better record. I agree that the bullpen has been their problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Jays have traded Riley Adams for Hand!
          And now the Jays have DFA'd Hand

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            And now the Jays have DFA'd Hand
            Dang. Glad I dumped him but I traded for him at our deadline. He was my target over Kimbrel. Oops. I can see him finding success if a NL team picks him up.

Comment

• Blue Jays sign OF Gregory Polanco to a minor league contract and assign him to Triple-A Buffalo.

Maybe a change of scenery will do Polanco some good. Translation: Maybe getting kicked to the curb will light a fire under his ass.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Springer is hurt again. Foul a ball off his knee. I wouldn't be surprise if he was DL again.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                  When is Robbie Ray going to get some love.... He is in top 2 or 3 in AL in K and QS. He has a shot at cy young if Cole skids some.
                  Why am I the only one on here that has anything to say about Ray? I think he is going to be the Cy Young winner this year and will also win a number of titles for his roto owners as well. I sure I can see him and TOR in the playoffs! What a team......

Comment

• you're not the only one, he's been studly, I'm loving the idea of going into a wildcard game with him or Ryu on the bump ...
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Why am I the only one on here that has anything to say about Ray? I think he is going to be the Cy Young winner this year and will also win a number of titles for his roto owners as well. I sure I can see him and TOR in the playoffs! What a team......
                      I grabbed him in my AFA league June 7. He was undrafted(!). I'm doing well in the pitching cats but my offense has been abysmal.

Right now the knock on Ray would be his 11-5 record vs. 14-7 for Cole. Ray's ERA is 0.18 lower. It's a coin flip right now.

Comment

Because it too painful. I traded Ray $6 early on for Candelario. I regret that deeply. Did I mention it was painful?

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          Because it too painful. I traded Ray $6 early on for Candelario. I regret that deeply. Did I mention it was painful?
                          As did I
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• We should focus on enjoying this, but I was umpiring softball Tue and one of the players asked: who do we need more in 2022, Ray or Semien? I said Ray.

Comment

Too many of us have been burned by Robbie Ray in previous seasons. So, i think a lot of fantasy team managers are mad at him because he didn't pitch like this when he was on their team.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Too many of us have been burned by Robbie Ray in previous seasons. So, i think a lot of fantasy team managers are mad at him because he didn't pitch like this when he was on their team.
                                He has been a staff ratio destroyer in the past many times including just last year. I didn't trust the guy as far as I could throw Terry Forster.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X