2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    For Austin Martin and Simeon Woods-Richardson. That's a pretty good return for Minnesota.
    I agree, seems vastly different than the price for others moving this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      yeah we paid top dollar, but now have a controllable #2 ... trading from strength ...

Ryu, Berrios, Ray, Manoah ... that's a solid top 4 ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Yeah, that is a really strong return. Berrios is under control next year too, of course, but still. Then again, Martin has not shown a lot of power and maybe he is not seen internally as the star many pegged him to be when he was drafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          yeah we paid top dollar, but now have a controllable #2 ... trading from strength ...

Ryu, Berrios, Ray, Manoah ... that's a solid top 4 ...
          That is strong. Ray's performance this year has been really surprising.

Comment

For Austin Martin and Simeon Woods-Richardson. That's a pretty good return for Minnesota.
            Wow, I thought this was a joke at first.

Is there like some kind of inflation for teams not named "the Yankees" in deadline deals? This seems like a crazy good haul for the Twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Wow, I thought this was a joke at first.

Is there like some kind of inflation for teams not named "the Yankees" in deadline deals? This seems like a crazy good haul for the Twins.
              Much dancing and celebration here in Minnesota. According to BA, Martin was the #1 Jays prospect and Woods-Richardson was #4. Neither guy is a lock to be an All Star, but both are projected to be solid major league regulars at worst.

Well done by the front office, now go get 6 or 7 RPs...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

It is a good return but Berrios was one of the most valuable pieces on the trade block this year. Not surprised he brought in an enormous haul. Controllable borderline elite pitcher owed only $6M per season with one more arb year? Exactly. And as much as I hate to admit it as an owner, both Martin and SWR have been trending down, SWR in particular with his horrible year.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Blue Jays returned to Rogers Center this past weekend. Did any Toronto fans here go to any games?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Blue Jays returned to Rogers Center this past weekend. Did any Toronto fans here go to any games?
                    we're thinking about it for later this month (we're now living about 3 hours outside of Toronto) ... my understanding is that with the limit at 15,000 the large majority are season tix holders ... probably won't be able to get tix until things loosen up (hopefully in the next couple of weeks).

But it really was great watching them there.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I have a friend with season's tickets. He is selling some at reasonable prices so LMK if you have a game in mind. I debated going Wed/Thu this week but won't make it. Sat attendance was 14500 so there are likely tickets available on the secondary market.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I finally landed tickets to a game - Thu Aug 24 @ 3:07PM. Might go Wed as well. Anyone else going?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• George Springer goes back to the IL with a left knee sprain.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jays claim Jarod Dyson off waivers from KC ... it's a long shot but if they can work their way back into contention for the wildcard this could be a good move.

Comment

• I don’t understand how Toronto doesn’t have a better record. They seem like a juggernaut - both offense and pitching. What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                                I don’t understand how Toronto doesn’t have a better record. They seem like a juggernaut - both offense and pitching. What am I missing?
                                More wins?

Kidding aside, how is the teams chemistry? I do not follow them beyond stats. Chemistry is hard to measure, but it sure seems to make a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X