2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell happened to Stroman?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      What the hell happened to Stroman?
      Looks hurt. Wasn’t there a shoulder problem in spring? Reeks of trying to pitch thru it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I don't see Teoscar getting many ABs, other than very short term while Donaldson is on the DL and Morales is dinged. Once Morales is back, though, I think they'll play Pearce ahead of Teoscar most of the time.

I might be wrong, though. Hope TranaGreg logs in on this one.
        I don't have any local insight here, other than I think Hernandez is also partly up to give Grichuk some time to sit on the bench and think about what he's done (he looks pretty lost up there right now).

Having said that, I'm concerned that Donaldson may be out longer than the 10 days. In case you haven't seen highlights of his throws to first he's basically been shot putting the ball across the diamond. As someone who had rotator cuff issues back when I played ball (a couple of years now ; or is that 20?)... anyway, it looks familiar. And in case you are wondering, yes, you can swing a bat with power but not be able to throw a baseball with it (of course it depends on what specifically the injury is - the rotator cuff is three different ligaments and each does different things - but for me anyway, I couldn't rear back and throw which seems to be what Donaldson's problem is).

edit: that's just my own thoughts on Donaldson; I haven't heard anywhere that this is what's going on
        Last edited by TranaGreg; 04-14-2018, 06:32 AM.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Looks hurt. Wasn’t there a shoulder problem in spring? Reeks of trying to pitch thru it.
          he sat out a bit with a sore shoulder in ST; I haven't heard anything locally about it since (I didn't see the game last night), but he did tough it out pitching three scoreless after he gave up the runs in the 1st & 2nd.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            I don't have any local insight here, other than I think Hernandez is also partly up to give Grichuk some time to sit on the bench and think about what he's done (he looks pretty lost up there right now).

Having said that, I'm concerned that Donaldson may be out longer than the 10 days. In case you haven't seen highlights of his throws to first he's basically been shot putting the ball across the diamond. As someone who had rotator cuff issues back when I played ball (a couple of years now ; or is that 20?)... anyway, it looks familiar. And in case you are wondering, yes, you can swing a bat with power but not be able to throw a baseball with it (of course it depends on what specifically the injury is - the rotator cuff is three different ligaments and each does different things - but for me anyway, I couldn't rear back and throw which seems to be what Donaldson's problem is).

edit: that's just my own thoughts on Donaldson; I haven't heard anywhere that this is what's going on
            hmmm ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
            Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said Wednesday that he expects Josh Donaldson (shoulder) to be on the disabled list longer than 10 days.

Donaldson landed on the DL on April 13 -- retroactive to April 11 -- and currently remains shut down from throwing due to inflammation in his right shoulder. Recent tests showed no signs of any structural damage, so he should be back eventually, but the veteran third baseman is still without an official timetable. Yangervis Solarte is currently playing the hot corner for Toronto.

Comment

• starting at 2B for the Jays tonight in the Bronx ... Lourdes Gurriel Jr.

was hitting .347/.382/.510 through 12 games at AA New Hampshire.

Comment

starting at 2B for the Jays tonight in the Bronx ... Lourdes Gurriel Jr.

was hitting .347/.382/.510 through 12 games at AA New Hampshire.
                Whoo...that's aggressive as hell. Shocked that Iron Horse Devon Travis is sucking once again.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Whoo...that's aggressive as hell. Shocked that Iron Horse Devon Travis is sucking once again.
                  if Gurriel gets off to a good start it could be an interesting decision when Donaldson is ready to be activated ... Travis still has an option available ... just sayin' ...

Comment

if Gurriel gets off to a good start it could be an interesting decision when Donaldson is ready to be activated ... Travis still has an option available ... just sayin' ...
                    It's not like Travis has earned any leeway for great service to the organization. I'd send him down in a heartbeat if they think that Gurriel is ready. Hell, I'd play Solarte at 2nd over Travis once Donaldson comes back.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      It's not like Travis has earned any leeway for great service to the organization. I'd send him down in a heartbeat if they think that Gurriel is ready. Hell, I'd play Solarte at 2nd over Travis once Donaldson comes back.
                      For sure. And Stroman was carpet bombed again today, though it was against the Yankees.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Devon Travis has a .352 OPS.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Devon Travis has a .352 OPS.
                          And Devon Travis is taking his .352 OPS talents to AAA.

Comment

• J.A. Happ's K% has skyrocketed from his typical career norm of 7.7 K/9 to an absurd 12.6 K/9. Fangraphs has a great article on why:

Happ is changing. The lefty is now a strikeout ace and no longer a fly-ball arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              J.A. Happ's K% has skyrocketed from his typical career norm of 7.7 K/9 to an absurd 12.6 K/9. Fangraphs has a great article on why:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/j-a-...ng-the-ladder/
                              Is it because I was big on him last year and don't have him anywhere this year? I bet it is!

Comment

• One bad start and a second disastrous start later, where do y'all stand on J.A. Happ? Do his fundamentals still suggest that over the course of the long season he'll be a strong/improved performer when compared against prior seasons, or are you afraid that the signs of his fundamental improvement were exaggerated/temporary?

Comment

Working...
                                X