• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Josh Donaldson has 3 RBIs this month.

Get him out of the 2 hole!!!!!
    Solid work right there.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Marcus Stroman has been a disaster this season. That is all.

Comment

Marcus Stroman has been a disaster this season. That is all.
        Is "Stroman"' Québécois for "flaming pile of dung"?
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Estrada to the DL
          Hutchison is starting in his place tomorrow

Comment

Josh Donaldson has 3 RBIs this month.

Get him out of the 2 hole!!!!!
            Donaldson just became the 6th player ever to have 20+ homers and 80+ runs by the All Star break.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              Donaldson just became the 6th player ever to have 20+ homers and 80+ runs by the All Star break.
              He has been absolutely en fuego the last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Not Donaldson. Encarnacion is the one with 23/80. Donaldson checks in at an impressive 20/63 still.
                Runs, not rbis
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Drew Storen DFA'd

Comment

Drew Storen DFA'd
                    Traded to the Mariners for Joaquin Benoit.

Comment

• Jays GM Ross Atkins says forget what I said before, Sanchez is staying in the rotation for now, Jays going with a 6-man rotation for now. good decision.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Since July 3, Jays pitchers have a WHIP of exactly 1. In 242 innings, 185 hits, 57 walks. 18-8 since then, now tied for first with Balt.

Comment

• Can anyone explain to me why the Jays are supposedly going to a 6 man staff? It statistically seems that each of the 5 starters (I am not counting liriano) is pitching well. Why throw each of the other four off their normal schedules in order to give extra rest to one pitcher. Why not just keep the other 4 on normal days when there is a day off, fitting sanchez back in when the opening comes around?

The jays are losing 3 or 4 of their main players to free agency this winter, screwing around with the #1 staff in the a.l. when the window is shutting in two months is just insane. More insane then trading for David Price and then not starting him in the playoffs...

Comment

• they've demoted Aaron Sanchez for the rest of the month. Will be back when rosters expand

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              they've demoted Aaron Sanchez for the rest of the month. Will be back when rosters expand
                              Advice: It's a move designed to curtail his workload, as Sanchez won't pitch in the minors. He should rejoin the Blue Jays' rotation once 10 days pass. The club had been using a six-man rotation the last few times through but will now go to a traditional five-man setup for a bit.
                              (Rotoworld.com)
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jays reacquire Dioner Navarro from the ChiSox for minor league pitcher Colton Turner.

He will report on Monday and be the backup the primary catcher Russell Martin. He will likely be Marco Estrada's personal catcher.

ETA: There is speculation that Dickey and Thole would be left off the postseason roster as the result of this move.
                                Last edited by virgonomic; 08-27-2016, 10:32 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X