2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Your minor league rosters are going to start running out of players at this rate.
    Originally posted by AlexAnthopolous
    It doesn't matter, you can only keep 10 players anyway ... isn't that right? ... hang on a minute...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• other rumoured Anthopolous quotes from today ...

Damn, they got Ackley?!?!?!
      yeah I know he's only in elementary school but he's rated 60+ with his slider.
      I wonder how long before they realize I traded the same guy four times.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• off to the Rogers Centre to see how this lineup handles Johnny Cueto ...

Comment

• It occurred to me today that the AL is going to be a tough playoff. The Jays might have to get through the Astros then Royals to get to the WS. Wow.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            off to the Rogers Centre to see how this lineup handles Johnny Cueto ...
            Fantastic game! It was great to see Donaldson drive in Tulo and Price hurdle the dugout fence to celebrate.

Some observations:

My best friend hates the Jays commentators. I love Buck because I've been listening to him for so long. But, from the 9th on, Buck kept saying how many walkoffs the Jays' batters had. STFU!

Smoak gave up his #14 to Price and now wears #13. He might be my favourite Jay.

Donaldson's hair looks like he's in an 80s boy band. I guess it's so he can slick it back, but when it's dry it looks like a giant mushroom.

Everyone is talking about this 4-game series with the Royals and after the game Buck exclaimed, "And the Blue Jays go up 2-0 on the Royals!" Shades of October?

Comment

• Tulo on the difference between himself & Josh Donaldson ...

“The similarities are on the baseball field,” Tulowitzki said. “We’re two different people. Outside of the field, he’s outgoing, outspoken at times. He has a lot of fun. Not that I don’t but I’m more of a serious guy. On the field are some similarities. Guys that compete. Guys that grind out at-bats. Guys that probably put winning first. Guys that hopefully make a difference when they’re on a team.”
              http://www.thestar.com/sports/blueja...ins-again.html

Comment

Tulo on the difference between himself & Josh Donaldson ...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/blueja...ins-again.html
                I'm good with that.

Comment

• yeah, it's a fun time to be a Jays fan ...

Comment

• yeowza.

Blue Jays field level tickets I got for a game in June off Stubhub on the morning of a game: $55 per seat
                    Same section/row for Friday's opening game against the Yankees on Stubhub right now: $360

I think I'll be watching lot of games from the pub.

Comment

yeowza.

Blue Jays field level tickets I got for a game in June off Stubhub on the morning of a game: $55 per seat
                      Same section/row for Friday's opening game against the Yankees on Stubhub right now: $360

I think I'll be watching lot of games from the pub.
                      There will be plenty of empty seats on a Tue vs. Oak. After the first inning, when the ushers go down to field level, make your move. That's how I almost got to sit with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        There will be plenty of empty seats on a Tue vs. Oak. After the first inning, when the ushers go down to field level, make your move. That's how I almost got to sit with you.
                        almost 40,000 there yesterday. I think those days may be gone.

Comment

• Stroman news ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
                          The Blue Jays have tentatively scheduled the beginning of Marcus Stroman's (knee) rehab assignment for August 21.

Comment

• The Jays have scored 601 runs, 80 more than the next best team (the Yanks). Their +131 Run Differential is almost 60 runs higher than the next best team (Houston) in the AL also.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              The Jays have scored 601 runs, 80 more than the next best team (the Yanks). Their +131 Run Differential is almost 60 runs higher than the next best team (Houston) in the AL also.
                              In the NL the Cards run diff is +122.

On the negative side of the ledger the Rockies are second worst with -74 ... the Phillies are at -145.

Comment

• Blue Jays are now the faves to win the World Series at 4-1, according to Vegas.

Comment

Working...
                                X