2k14 Rumor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    If I'm reading this right, Arizona will get "two good prospects" as well.

RotoWorld:

MLB.com's Steve Gilbert reports that if the Diamondbacks complete a trade for Angels slugger Mark Trumbo, they would also receive a pair of good prospects.
    The latest rumor involves the Angels, Diamondbacks, and the White Sox involved in a three-way trade. Reportedly, the Diamondbacks would receive Trumbo and two prospects, the Angels would get Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago, and the White Sox would get Adam Eaton. Trumbo, who spent most of his time at first base and DH with the Angels last season, would play in the outfield in Arizona.
    Tough to see either the Angels or White Sox giving up top pieces from their barren systems to push this deal through, but all teams receive a good haul here. Angels need SP help desperately, and can't afford to break the bank for what's out there in FA.

As a Santiago owner ($1, AL-Only), I'd love the move to LA! Better park, better defense, better lineup (?)... certainly better to move from a rebuilding club to one expecting contention. I haven't looked up park factors or anything, just my speculation. Am I wrong in these assumptions?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Tough to see either the Angels or White Sox giving up top pieces from their barren systems to push this deal through, but all teams receive a good haul here. Angels need SP help desperately, and can't afford to break the bank for what's out there in FA.

As a Santiago owner ($1, AL-Only), I'd love the move to LA! Better park, better defense, better lineup (?)... certainly better to move from a rebuilding club to one expecting contention. I haven't looked up park factors or anything, just my speculation. Am I wrong in these assumptions?
      I read "good" as "good but not top" prospects.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Pretty sure this is dead on arrival...I hear that Arizona probably wouldn't do Skaggs for Trumbo straight up, so throwing an extra body in there doesn't make sense, nor does it from the Chicago perspective. The only winner in this would be the Angels...
        Being from AL only league, I know nothing about Skaggs, but his numbers are not impressive at all at A, AAA and MLB this past year. This looks to me to be a horrible deal for the Angels. Very few true power hitters in the game anymore - I hope this deal falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Santiago has been proving people wrong - low draft pick with very nice K/9 but very bad BB/9, so the White Sox are arguably selling high.
          It would be the second recent trend of a SP for a young OF for the White Sox (Peavy - Avisail Garcia)
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
            Santiago has been proving people wrong - low draft pick with very nice K/9 but very bad BB/9, so the White Sox are arguably selling high.
            It would be the second recent trend of a SP for a young OF for the White Sox (Peavy - Avisail Garcia)
            Santiago has some warts on him, but the thing you have to like about him is that he was rushed to the majors (27 GS between A+ and AAA) and learned on the job, but had some success while doing so. His innings get to increase further from 114 ip in 2012, to 149 ip in 2013. I'm excited to see what kind of adjustments he makes heading into his second year. His problem with lefties is trying too hard for K's, and resulting in BB's... his problem with righties is pitching them inside (1.600 OPS on RHB pull pitches)... now if he could work on those problems, and hone his arsenal... look out!
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
              Being from AL only league, I know nothing about Skaggs, but his numbers are not impressive at all at A, AAA and MLB this past year. This looks to me to be a horrible deal for the Angels. Very few true power hitters in the game anymore - I hope this deal falls apart.
              But Trumbo brings nothing else to the game but power...lousy fielder, low OBP, no speed. Much better off in the AL where you can kind of hide him at DH, in the NL, all his warts will show.

As far as Skaggs is concerned, a 22 YO lefty with great stuff just doesn't come along all that often. He's well worth taking a chance on, and I think the D-Backs will regret this decision in a few years.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                potential 3-way deal, DBacks - White Sox - Angels

Trumbo -> DBacks
                A. Eaton -> ChiSox
                H. Santiago + Skaggs -> Angels

mlbtraderumors
                D'Backs beat reporter tweeting this is a done deal.

Comment

MLB.com app just announced it too.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

This one from Rotoworld has me shaking my almost empty head--

"Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that free agent left-hander Jonathan Sanchez has narrowed his list to three teams and has a few offers on the table.
                    The 31-year-old reportedly had 7-8 teams show interest in his services. It would still be incredibly surprising to see him wind up with a major league deal, after posting a miserable 1-12 record, 8.73 ERA, 2.15 WHIP and 60/61 K/BB ratio over 78 1/3 innings the past two seasons."

Signing this guy is just about the clearest way I know to tell your fans, "We're not even trying to build anything, let alone win any time soon."

And how about this one, concerning an old RJ favorite. Yes, there has been a sighting of The Anti-Christ--

Brett Tomko will turn 41 next April and hasn't pitched in the majors since 2011 as a member of the Rangers, but hasn't given up on his playing career.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

The D'Backs and White Sox are close to a deal that would send Addison Reed to ARZ for Matt Davidson.

Comment

Working...
                      X