No announcement yet.

2k14 Rumor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be surprised if either Curtis Granderson or Andre Ethier -- or both -- end up with the Mets.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Don't be surprised if either Curtis Granderson or Andre Ethier -- or both -- end up with the Mets.
      Since I am with the legions that pay little attention to the Mets, how's the RF power alley now that they've moved the fences in?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Since I am with the legions that pay little attention to the Mets, how's the RF power alley now that they've moved the fences in?

Park Factor for HRs at Citi

Last Two years before fences moved in:
        2010 - 0.719
        2011 - 0.735

The two years with fences moved in:
        2012 - 1.069
        2013 - 1.120

Comment

Potential blockbuster?

The Cardinals and Rockies will discuss a potential Troy Tulowitzki trade at this week's GM/owner meetings, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports. The Cardinals have also asked the Rangers about the possibility of trading for Elvis Andrus or Jurickson Profar, Passan writes.
          The Cardinals and Rockies will discuss a potential Troy Tulowitzki trade at this week's GM/owner meetings, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! …
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Another potential blockbuster?

"According to Howard Eskin of CBS Philadelphia, the Phillies and Blue Jays are talking about a major trade that would send outfielder Jose Bautista to Philadelphia and a package centered around outfielder Domonic Brown back to Toronto."

Comment

Another potential blockbuster?

"According to Howard Eskin of CBS Philadelphia, the Phillies and Blue Jays are talking about a major trade that would send outfielder Jose Bautista to Philadelphia and a package centered around outfielder Domonic Brown back to Toronto."
              http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...bautista-trade
              Perhaps not? From RotoWorld this morning.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman hears that there's no validity to the report that the Phillies are in talks to send Domonic Brown and other players to the Blue Jays for Jose Bautista.
              Shi Davidi, Blue Jays beat writer for Sportsnet.ca, is hearing the same. Howard Eskin of FOX 29 TV and 94 WIP continues to stand behind his initial report, but it doesn't sound like there's much to it.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

the operating principle from Anthopolous (Jays GM) is that if you hear about it in the media it's most probably not valid.

Having said that, as a fan I'd be open to seeing what Bautista could fetch.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Heh. Some of my St. Louis cousins and I were trying to negotiate this deal on behalf of our respective teams on Facebook last night. We stalled at Tulo For Matt Adams/ Shelby Miller - we couldn't come to terms on the third player.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Perhaps not? From RotoWorld this morning.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman hears that there's no validity to the report that the Phillies are in talks to send Domonic Brown and other players to the Blue Jays for Jose Bautista.
                    Shi Davidi, Blue Jays beat writer for Sportsnet.ca, is hearing the same. Howard Eskin of FOX 29 TV and 94 WIP continues to stand behind his initial report, but it doesn't sound like there's much to it.
                    Figures. Howard Eskin is an idiot.

The Mets are going hard after Nelson Cruz, according to the Daily News.

Comment

Figures. Howard Eskin is an idiot.

The Mets are going hard after Nelson Cruz, according to the Daily News.
                      I hear the M's are in on him, too. Just a couple of stupid organizations vying for the rights to have an extremely overrated steroid-abusing douchenozzle on their team. Yay M's!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                        I hear the M's are in on him, too. Just a couple of stupid organizations vying for the rights to have an extremely overrated steroid-abusing douchenozzle on their team. Yay M's!
                        I know nothing about those specific rumors, but 75 percent of the rumors you read at this point are completely false or consist of nothing more than a GM or assistant GM talking to an agent to see what the price would be.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          I know nothing about those specific rumors, but 75 percent of the rumors you read at this point are completely false or consist of nothing more than a GM or assistant GM talking to an agent to see what the price would be.
                          buzzkill.
                          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Yankees interested in David Freese. Not so much in trade but ready to swoop in if the Cards DFA him.

Comment

Oh I really want this to happen.

According to MetsBlog.com’s Matthew Cerrone, citing “people familiar with the team’s thinking,” “there is a better chance the Brewers trade OF Ryan Braun for Mets 1B Ike Davis than deal OF Norichika Aoki.”

Comment

Cards & Angels discussing a Freese for Bourjos trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X