Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cal ripken vs Little league(Williamsport)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cal ripken vs Little league(Williamsport)

which youth baseball do you favor. are there any youth baseball leagues that are both Cal Ripken and Little league(Williamsport)?
    Thanks for the input in advance.

My oldest son plays Cal Ripken.

Comment

When i was growing up during the late 70's, our town had Bronco League baseball for the 10-12 year olds. When i played, it was an 8 team league with all the players being from our town. Now the league consists of 1 team from each of the local towns due to declining population and interest. Not sure what the differences are between Bronco League, Little League, and Cal Ripken.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I believe Cal Ripken is what the Babe Ruth org now calls its 12 and under divisions, with the teenagers still playing in the Babe Ruth divisions. I'm a former local LL president living in the DC area, but I can't contribute much, given that my local area did not offer Cal/Babe until teenage. In fact, my impression is that few jurisdictions offer both. I do know that LL is very regimented. Local teams have to be formed by draft at the upper levels, which is a good for keeping things competitive, but that can tend to turn off kids that want to play with their friends. The bad thing is that league boundaries are set based on overall population, and not based on youth population. We would struggle to fill a 4 or even 3 team league, while other leagues nearby would easily get 10 or more teams, just because of demographics. Come tournament time (ie, the process that leads to what you see in Williamsport), we would get routinely thumped.

Comment

Working...
        X