RJEL Reserve Draft Room...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
    So I have 2 hrs to make my pick after Jude and then another 2 hr window to make my second pick, right? Just looking to ingratiate myself to my RJEL brethren

See what happens when we get a substitute for a day?
    your skipped.....

NEXT!
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Your skipped what?
      Your skipped too, smartass!!

[/hammermode]

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Your skipped too, smartass!!

[/hammermode]

Feels good, doesnt it?
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Picks are up (Hinske and Lucroy)...

Texted Jude...

I am an ellipsesing fool!

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Well this didn't work as planned.............
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I think Hammer scared everyone away...

Comment

I think Hammer scared everyone away...
                He took on a frightening tone once I drafted Kearns.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  He took on a frightening tone once I drafted Kearns.
                  sent you 6 trade offers

Comment

Drafted guys now in the minors:
                    ICL: Ryan Kalish

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                      Drafted guys now in the minors:
                      ICL: Ryan Kalish
                      Yeah but he doesn't have minor league status anymore so I can keep him until they bring him up

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Yeah but he doesn't have minor league status anymore so I can keep him until they bring him up
                        Unfortunately Keith I believe you lose him. That was the intent to keep guys from stocking up on ML talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                          Unfortunately Keith I believe you lose him. That was the intent to keep guys from stocking up on ML talent.
                          I asked Steve before I took him. The rule is written that you cannot take anyone with rookie eligibility. Any vet, and in this case Kalish qualifies as a vet, is legal. If that is wrong I was misinformed.

Edit: Here is the chat I had with Steve before I picked Kalish...

10:53 PM me: hey, just one more check on this before i waste a rsv pick, anyone that doesn't have rookie status anymore is ok whether they make the team or not
                          10:56 PM Steve: Yeah...as far as I'm concerned. I can't see any way to exclude them.
                          Last edited by frae; 03-26-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

MY interpretation of the rule is that it was put into effect to keep us from taking true rookies during the auction, and the regular draft. I see no reason that you could keep a guy who's been sent down, we do it all the time during the season. The only thing is that he's not eligible to be kept for free (in other words, he has to be one of your 10 keepers next year), and his contract clock is always ticking.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Re-reading the rule, I think that Sean is correct. Kalish cannot be kept and it was my mistake in telling Keith that he could. Keith can replace the pick at any point...sorry boys.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Re-reading the rule, I think that Sean is correct. Kalish cannot be kept and it was my mistake in telling Keith that he could. Keith can replace the pick at any point...sorry boys.
                                I'll take Aaron Rowand if I am allowed to repick. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X