5 rounds of an industry mock draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 rounds of an industry mock draft

Yeah, you can go ahead and put me down for taking Kershaw over Pujols 8 days a week.

Comment

Carlos Gomez 5th, J? Dayum. Not that I don't think the guy's a stud, but I guess I never thought he was a Top 5 player.

Bryce Harper at #8 still seems pretty ridiculous. I thought BigJon taking him at 10 or 11 last year in the RJ Mock was craziness. Heck, a catcher on his own team had more RBIs than him in 150 less ABs. Talent is one thing, but talent alone doesn't win you fantasy titles.
      Last edited by revo; 10-28-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Gomez at #5 is ballsy I think. Despite the $35 season this year I just don't like that he had such a high BABIP and he's such a hack. But with a very enticing power/speed combo. Last year his hard-hit ball% was quite high and much like the hit rate, I kind of expect it to come back a little but who knows? Great breakout year for him in '13. 30/30 guy but I think more of a .255 BA rather than .284 of '13.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Josh Hamilton at 5.13; surprised nobody took a flier on him earlier.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Carlos Gomez over Braun?
            Braun not in the first round?

That's surprising to me as Braun has been so good for so long and will only be 30 next year.

Comment

Goldschmidt at #4 after he was barely being considered in the top 12 for first basemen going into this year.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

This is the second early mock I've seen Chris Davis in the first round. I don't think I'm ready to go there. His second half looks much more realistic for a repeat - .245/.339/.515 with 21.3% HR/FB (career 22.5%) than his first half .315/.392/.717 with a 35.6% HR/FB especially when you consider his 30.6 career K% (29.6 in 2013). I expect the 30 homeruns but batting .240-.250 takes him out of the first round for me.

Comment

In a day of suppressed power, I can make the case of Davis being a late 1st rounder

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                    Goldschmidt at #4 after he was barely being considered in the top 12 for first basemen going into this year.
                    If someone didn't have Goldy in your top 12 coming into 2013 than that's simply terrible preperation. He was top 5 for me.

Comment

Regarding Goldschmidt, the projections I used had him as the #25 hitter overall. Granted, there were eight 1B in the top 30.

Regarding Chris Davis, he's turning 28 and has a two-year average of 31 doubles and 43 HRs. Only Davis and Miggy had >36 HRs last year. That's first-roundy.
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        If someone didn't have Goldy in your top 12 coming into 2013 than that's simply terrible preperation. He was top 5 for me.
                        There was a discussion over all of the 1B Goldschmidt jumped over back when Tout was posted. He carried me to a championship.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Cory Schwartz followed the Patel Plan.

I like VanRiper's five the best.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

wrote my overall defense up at rotowire today - http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/sho...e.htm?id=18725

Cory was planning on taking Longoria & Donaldson in the rounds I snaked them from him

Comment

Working...
                            X