Leyland To Step Down As Tigers Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leyland To Step Down As Tigers Manager

Told that Leyland informed #Tigers players after end of ALCS that it was time for someone younger to do the job. He is 68.

maybe the tiggers can find someone who can hire a baserunning coach.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

LOL...I have watched that for like 10 minutes... mesmerizing
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        LOL...I have watched that for like 10 minutes... mesmerizing
        Haha, me too.

Comment

there are so many comments to be made - one of my favourites is, why does Fielder look up at the ump at the end? to see if he's ... what???
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Well.......Leland probably achieved the max from a team of DH's, three world class SP's and a supporting cast of mental midgets.

The only AL team I dislike more than the Yankees is Detroit.....Torre Hunter is the only baseball (position) player on that team..... IMO

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              there are so many comments to be made - one of my favourites is, why does Fielder look up at the ump at the end? to see if he's ... what???
              I would suggest he was begging or hoping the ump would call obstruction - Fielder appears to try and create obstruction by going wide and throwing his arms out trying to hook the 3rd baseman who was trying to get out of the way.......just an observation...not saying he did

Comment

Who's the successor? Do they give Alan Trammel another shot? Fulfill my fondest wish and give Lloyd McClendon the job? Status quo with Gene Lamont moving up to the big chair?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Who's the successor? Do they give Alan Trammel another shot? Fulfill my fondest wish and give Lloyd McClendon the job? Status quo with Gene Lamont moving up to the big chair?
                  "begin the thawing of jack mckeon."
                  ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Kirk Gibson reportedly not interested. Mike Maddux interested, but hasn't been asked.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Kirk Gibson reportedly not interested. Mike Maddux interested, but hasn't been asked.
                      Arizona wouldn't give the Tigers permission to talk to Gibson, who's under contract for one more year.

Having some affection for the Tigers for no particular reason, I hope they don't go with a retread. Guys like Lamont and McClendon just don't inspire confidence.

Kind of a changing of the guard this off-season so far. Leyland and Davey Johnson stepping down, Dusty fired. Get some fresh blood in there.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

I vote for Bobby Valentine...
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Brad Ausmus to be named Tigers manager.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Brad Ausmus to be named Tigers manager.
                            Source?
                            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                              Source?

Source: Brad Ausmus will go to Detroit tomorrow to finalize a deal to become the Tigers next manager
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                              X