X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix's wife duped by other player's wife; lots of money stolen

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...fraud1xml.html

Yikes.

I know Peguero is not a big $$ player, but he's making decent coin......and she's using a 'public defender'? Also, I'm surprised that this went this far, for 180K I would have thought the M's would have handled this internally to avoid negative publicity. My guess is Peguero will soon be an ex-M........or she will be the ex-Mrs Peguero.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

that's a great story; looks like versacegoldbarbie will be charged with both fraud ($180K is a big deal), & massive stupidity.

According to the complaint, Sandra Hernandez told investigators she and Peguero shopped online during that time. The complaint indicates that Hernandez asked Peguero for help “due to [Hernandez’s] limited understanding of the English language.” Hernandez told investigators that Peguero had access to her credit cards during that time.

According to the investigation, Maria Peguero is associated with an email address, [email protected], that was later traced to a Twitter account on which agents found photographs of Peguero wearing some of the items they believe were purchased illegally from Saks.

In one, Peguero is sitting next to a Gucci handbag identical to one purchased from Saks through the Hernandez account for $1,750.

According to the complaint, the purchases went on for more than three months ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Interesting that Mrs. Peguero is the youngest daughter of the late Pedro Borbon Sr.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Manny Mota will bat for Borbon at the trial....
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

That article is worthless without pics.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Interesting that Mrs. Peguero is the youngest daughter of the late Pedro Borbon Sr.
              Which could explain a lot. Pedro was not a bad pitcher for the Reds in the early/mid 1970s, but he was known more for his legendary temper. The team paid a lot of money to keep him out of jail for his barroom brawls. Good guy but crazy.

Getting back to the story--This is why you should review all your bills, even if you have a third party handling payment.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Working...
              X