2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Yankees are finalizing a trade with the Rangers for Rougned Odor.
    Really curious if this is a response to someone being injured. I didn't see an obvious opening on the 26-man roster for the Yankees.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Really curious if this is a response to someone being injured. I didn't see an obvious opening on the 26-man roster for the Yankees.
      Jay Bruce sucking insurance (moving DJ to first base)?

Maybe they found a trade for Tauchman that they like?
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Tyler Wade seems pretty expendable

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Nah, they love him. He's a Yankee for life.

Comment

Who backs up shortstop? Wade is actually rather valuable as he can play almost everyone and has decent speed off the bench.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Who backs up shortstop? Wade is actually rather valuable as he can play almost everyone and has decent speed off the bench.
              Yankees fans seem to think Gio can. He played there a few games in 2017 and 2018. And they are tired of Wade (the fans that is).

We'll see.

Comment

• Wade has a laughable 56 career OPS+ in 346 PA with the Yankees. "valuable" is not a word I'd use for him - fielding versatility only goes so far.

then again, Odor has never played anywhere but 2B in the majors.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Yankees fans seem to think Gio can. He played there a few games in 2017 and 2018. And they are tired of Wade (the fans that is).

We'll see.
                  Thairo Estrada was removed from the 40 man. Wade has one option remaining so he could be sent down.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• ONe of the better beards in MLB will disappear with this deal. BOOOOOO!
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      ONe of the better beards in MLB will disappear with this deal. BOOOOOO!
                      I do wonder if their facial hair rules apply to AAA. If I were him I wouldn't shave it until they actually called me up.

Comment

I do wonder if their facial hair rules apply to AAA. If I were him I wouldn't shave it until they actually called me up.
                        It does. It's the entire organization and it's very dumb.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Even UPS finally abolished that antiquated old rule and now allows their drivers to have a neatly trimmed beard.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former Reds catcher Dann Bilardello on then-owner Marge Schott's strict hair policy in the 1980s - "We're lucky she lets us have eyebrows!"
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Yes, it needs to change. There is not reason for it other than it has been that way, and that is a dumb reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Yes, it needs to change. There is not reason for it other than it has been that way, and that is a dumb reason.
                                it does need to change, or just go away. But I remember hearing Derek Jeter talk about it and they all liked it cause they felt it created team unity. I found that surprising.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X