2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    I really like Frazier. Could he be the rare undervalued Yankees? Who's hitting leadoff on this team? DJ? Hicks? Or could it be Frazier at some point? Even if it's DJ, Frasier could get a decent lineup spot, especially in case of the inevitable Judge/Stanton injuries.
    I'm betting on DJ to lead off.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Luis Severino goes to the 60 day IL for more TJ rehab.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Luis Severino goes to the 60 day IL for more TJ rehab.
        Though, to be clear, this does not impact his projected timeline. He was never gonna get back before June anyway. The data supports the Yankees cautious approach. The stats indicate much better outcomes for pitchers who wait 15-16 months to return than those that come back in 11-14 months. Interestingly, the data indicates worse outcomes for those that take longer than 16 months, but I assume that is because pitchers that take that long have had set backs. Long term, given his age and the Yankees cautious plan, I'm optimistic that by 2022, he has a good chance of being back to where he was. Counting on him this year, though, seems like a bad play. They may just put him in the bullpen when he does get back, and that may not be until July.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Though, to be clear, this does not impact his projected timeline. He was never gonna get back before June anyway. The data supports the Yankees cautious approach. The stats indicate much better outcomes for pitchers who wait 15-16 months to return than those that come back in 11-14 months. Interestingly, the data indicates worse outcomes for those that take longer than 16 months, but I assume that is because pitchers that take that long have had set backs. Long term, given his age and the Yankees cautious plan, I'm optimistic that by 2022, he has a good chance of being back to where he was. Counting on him this year, though, seems like a bad play. They may just put him in the bullpen when he does get back, and that may not be until July.
          With Severino now throwing, there was some speculation on him returning earlier. This puts an end to that.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Holy Crap! I'm not sure about him getting back to work in several days. Whatever the case, get well soon Aaron Boone.

Yankees manager Aaron Boone is taking an immediate leave of absence while he receives a pacemaker for a heart condition.

The procedure is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa. Boone had open-heart surgery back in 2009 and said in a statement Wednesday that he's been experiencing "mild symptoms of lightheadedness" over the last 6-8 weeks, which prompted further testing and the decision to go ahead with the pacemaker. He's hoping to "get back to work in the next several days." Yankees bench coach Carlos Mendoza will be handling spring training managerial duties for however long Boone is away.
            Source: New York Yankees on Twitter

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Zach Britton undergoing arthroscopic surgery tomorrow to remove a bone chip from his elbow.

I guess he's on the shelf for 1-2 months.

ETA - MLB Network saying it could be as long as 3-4 months.

Comment

• Robinson Chirinos broke his wrist on a HBP and will be sidelined indefinitely

Comment

• Giancarlo Stanton hit a line drive with an exit velocity of 120.1 MPH. Holy frijoles!
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Giancarlo Stanton hit a line drive with an exit velocity of 120.1 MPH. Holy frijoles!
                    This is how it happens every year. Everyone decides early they are done with the tease and put Stanton on their due not draft list. Then he reminds people he hits baseballs harder than any other human being on the planet, as we all collectively say to ourselves, "but if he does stay healthy this year...."

Comment

• Luke Voit - Arthroscopic knee surgery; out until early May. Jay The Bruce starts at 1B and makes the team, as does Tauchman
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Bruce was kinda awful in ST, but what else are they going to do? Maybe Andujar gets a shot at some point. Maybe DJ just plays 1B and they go with Wade and Estrada at 2B.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Bruce was kinda awful in ST, but what else are they going to do? Maybe Andujar gets a shot at some point. Maybe DJ just plays 1B and they go with Wade and Estrada at 2B.
                          Todd Frazier is just a phone call away.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Colorado just reassigned Greg Bird to minor league camp today ...
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Yankees are finalizing a trade with the Rangers for Rougned Odor.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Yankees are finalizing a trade with the Rangers for Rougned Odor.
                                seems fitting
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X