2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Walker is hitting .210 this year with a .257 SLG and 52 OPS+ - and he turns 33 in Sept.
    120 PA is not a season, but I don't think he creates a bidding war either.
    Drury has a long-running issue with migraines, which sucks for him - but what would you offer for him in your fantasy league, given that?

either could well be DFA'd this month given the roster glut when Bird returns (well, Drury has options, but point being we don't even know if they will be in the majors on June 1)
    No need for a bidding war, it solves issues for 2 teams. The Yankees might as well get something for either player, rather than just DFAing them, and the Mariners can improve their situation for the next couple of months at least. Could mean the difference between making the playoffs or not, if it's a tight wild card race.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• sure - and when Walker gets DFA'd, the Mariners can get him for nothing
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        sure - and when Walker gets DFA'd, the Mariners can get him for nothing
        Or they can be 5th in line for the WW and get beat out by another team.

I never thought that there would be a chance for Harvey to be traded...I was wrong. Better to give a LITTLE something and make sure that you get the player, than hope that he'll fall into your lap.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• If Heredia is not the answer (and I don't see why the Mariners shouldn't give him a shot to see if he's improved since last year, although he may just be a platoon guy), why not go for a guy who can play center? Any gain in offense that you might get from Walker/Drury (and both seem broken this year), you will be giving up by downgrading defensively at two positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            If Heredia is not the answer (and I don't see why the Mariners shouldn't give him a shot to see if he's improved since last year, although he may just be a platoon guy), why not go for a guy who can play center? Any gain in offense that you might get from Walker/Drury (and both seem broken this year), you will be giving up by downgrading defensively at two positions.
            I think that a lot of guys seem broken this year, Matt Carpenter, is hitting well under .200, as is Dexter Fowler. Goldy is hovering around .200 with little power, same with Rizzo, although he's got a few homers. So I'm loath to say anyone is broke this season, something is going on though.

I think that the Mariners liked what Gordon was doing in CF, but they know that Gordon Beckham isn't the answer. So if you can get a proven vet for little, and I do mean little, why not do it? I honestly don't know how good Drury is at 2nd base, so I can't judge if that would be status quo, an upgrade, or a downgrade...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              I think that a lot of guys seem broken this year, Matt Carpenter, is hitting well under .200, as is Dexter Fowler. Goldy is hovering around .200 with little power, same with Rizzo, although he's got a few homers. So I'm loath to say anyone is broke this season, something is going on though.

I think that the Mariners liked what Gordon was doing in CF, but they know that Gordon Beckham isn't the answer. So if you can get a proven vet for little, and I do mean little, why not do it? I honestly don't know how good Drury is at 2nd base, so I can't judge if that would be status quo, an upgrade, or a downgrade...
              Drury has played enough 2B in his career; he's a little below average. Gordon is well above-average---a well deserved gold-glover at second. Gordon's numbers in center are not good now, but nowhere near enough playing time there to count for anything. It is hard to say who is cooked right now--many of the names you mentioned will, of course, be fine. Some will have hit the cliff and be finished. (Usually, the superstars will be fine; the others, well, players like that get finished often enough.) My question is this---if the price is so low that the Mariners wouldn't mind, why would the Yankees move Drury? He has options and the depth could be useful, especially if Andujar stay under .300 with the OBP.

Comment

Drury has played enough 2B in his career; he's a little below average. Gordon is well above-average---a well deserved gold-glover at second. Gordon's numbers in center are not good now, but nowhere near enough playing time there to count for anything. It is hard to say who is cooked right now--many of the names you mentioned will, of course, be fine. Some will have hit the cliff and be finished. (Usually, the superstars will be fine; the others, well, players like that get finished often enough.) My question is this---if the price is so low that the Mariners wouldn't mind, why would the Yankees move Drury? He has options and the depth could be useful, especially if Andujar stay under .300 with the OBP.
                I think that there's a point where you start to lose a player if he thinks that he's buried in the organization. Yes, depth is great to have, no question about it...but Torres isn't going anywhere, and Bird is going to be back sooner rather than later...just saying that IF you can get a piece at a position of greater need, why not do so?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I think that there's a point where you start to lose a player if he thinks that he's buried in the organization. Yes, depth is great to have, no question about it...but Torres isn't going anywhere, and Bird is going to be back sooner rather than later...just saying that IF you can get a piece at a position of greater need, why not do so?
                  But why would the Mariners give anything remotely useful for a questionable upgrade at best?

Comment

But why would the Mariners give anything remotely useful for a questionable upgrade at best?
                    If the Yanks can get back anything close to (or above) what they gave for him, then it was a useful insurance policy heading into the season. I doubt that they would ask for or require much more than that.
                    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

If Heredia is not the answer (and I don't see why the Mariners shouldn't give him a shot to see if he's improved since last year, although he may just be a platoon guy), why not go for a guy who can play center? Any gain in offense that you might get from Walker/Drury (and both seem broken this year), you will be giving up by downgrading defensively at two positions.
                      This was my thought exactly. I can't imagine it would take much of a ransom to get Adam Jones, for example, who's still serviceable in CF and a decent enough bat, with Gordon going back to 2B. Sure, Jones will cost more than Walker, but the upgrade factor both offensively and defensively seems like a slam dunk to me.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        This was my thought exactly. I can't imagine it would take much of a ransom to get Adam Jones, for example, who's still serviceable in CF and a decent enough bat, with Gordon going back to 2B. Sure, Jones will cost more than Walker, but the upgrade factor both offensively and defensively seems like a slam dunk to me.
                        Yes, that makes a lot of sense. And when Cano comes back, Jones can remove the platoon in left. Of course, the Orioles mess of a front office has to see the writing on the wall for this to happen.

Comment

• I'll be interested to see what Yankees management does to Gary Sanchez after his laziness cost them the game last night.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'll be interested to see what Yankees management does to Gary Sanchez after his laziness cost them the game last night.
                            That was ridiculous.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• well, here's one thing. this is an authenticated team tweet this morning:

New York Yankees
                              ‏Verified account @Yankees
                              32m32 minutes ago

Congrats to Yankees #HeartandHustle award winner, Austin Romine!
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'll be interested to see what Yankees management does to Gary Sanchez after his laziness cost them the game last night.
                                I went looking for video, non available...

Comment

Working...
                                X