No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there been any update on who will take CC's spot in the rotation? And how long will CC be out? I am looking at a trade that includes Chad Green and don't know if he is even being considered to move into the rotation. Should be a nice bump in his value if so I would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
      Has there been any update on who will take CC's spot in the rotation? And how long will CC be out? I am looking at a trade that includes Chad Green and don't know if he is even being considered to move into the rotation. Should be a nice bump in his value if so I would think.
      They recalled Luis Cessa who presumably will take his spot.

Comment

• just saw on rotoworld that they are going to move Sonny G up a day.

Comment

• Yankees fans calling in to NYC talk radio already are on the edge of the roof

one this afternoon called them "a .500 team that hits homers" - meaning not for now, but for the season

can't wait to check in tomorrow
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Jordan Montgomery out up to 2 months with a flexor strain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              Yankees fans calling in to NYC talk radio already are on the edge of the roof

one this afternoon called them "a .500 team that hits homers" - meaning not for now, but for the season

can't wait to check in tomorrow
              Yankees are showing proper now. Just needed a bigger sample size and some decent weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Jordan Montgomery out up to 2 months with a flexor strain.
                Domingo German gets his start this weekend and probably has a decent chance to stick while Montgomery is out. Cessa is still sidelined with an oblique thing. Chance Adams has been meh in the minors.

Comment

• Domingo German will work out of the bullpen for the Yankees for their series against the Royals.

German is scheduled to start on Tuesday in Arlington against Texas, but he'll be available to pitch in relief for their three-game stint against Kansas City starting on Friday. The right-hander has registered a 4.26 ERA and 1.26 WHIP in 2018 for the Yankees over 25 1/3 innings. May 17 - 12:05 PM

Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter
                  Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

I don't understand why they would do this with a young starter. If he's staying in your rotation, and you have the bullpen the Yankees have, why would you want to risk bringing German into a May game against the Royals in a relief role, when it appears you'll need him as your fifth starter for at least a few more months?

Comment

• Looking at the obvious, I'm sure that Cashman and DiPoto have been talking about Drury and Walker...match made in heaven.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• German last pitched on the 12th - he's not scheduled again until the 22nd. They'll likely time it so his appearance replaces a bullpen session. Seems like a reasonable plan.
                      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                        German last pitched on the 12th - he's not scheduled again until the 22nd. They'll likely time it so his appearance replaces a bullpen session. Seems like a reasonable plan.
                        I guess with a kid you've got an outsized reliance on this season to serve as your fifth starter, I'd just as soon they give him the bullpen session in the bullpen, rather than in game action.

Comment

• I can't believe the Yankees are that married to German. they can promote someone else or make a trade if need be.
                          "As German goes, so go the Yankees" is a phrase that would get someone institutionalized.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Looking at the obvious, I'm sure that Cashman and DiPoto have been talking about Drury and Walker...match made in heaven.
                            I don't see it. I think the offense is a wash and the Mariners are better defensively with Heredia in center and Gordon at second.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              I don't see it. I think the offense is a wash and the Mariners are better defensively with Heredia in center and Gordon at second.
                              Not really, Heredia hit .249 last year with 6 homers in almost 400 AB's. No speed either, 1 steal, 5 caught.

Walker is a .270 hitter with 20 homer power, Drury also a .270 hitter with mid teens HR power. Neither have speed.

I think that Heredia is exposed hitting against rightys, and is better off in a platoon with Gamel.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Walker is hitting .210 this year with a .257 SLG and 52 OPS+ - and he turns 33 in Sept.
                                120 PA is not a season, but I don't think he creates a bidding war either.
                                Drury has a long-running issue with migraines, which sucks for him - but what would you offer for him in your fantasy league, given that?

either could well be DFA'd this month given the roster glut when Bird returns (well, Drury has options, but point being we don't even know if they will be in the majors on June 1)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X