2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    OMG, please get some help for the BBullpen. I think Girardi may have finally killed BBetances.
    Thought it was just a bad couple of games, but you're right, that velocity drop looks bad.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Adams has been great, but he still only has 50 or so innings above AA.
      That's plenty. Stuff is stuff. If he's got the pitches, let him try.

Comment

• He can't possibly be worse than Tyler Clippard, who the Brewers apparently confused with their BP pitcher tonight.

Comment

• With Greg Bird likely to miss the year, the Yanks are hot and heavy for Justin Bour.

Comment

• I know the Yanks have a million injuries and somebody had to be promoted but is it unreasonable to think this could be a showcase of Clint Frazier in order to trade for pitching and a 1b??

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
              I know the Yanks have a million injuries and somebody had to be promoted but is it unreasonable to think this could be a showcase of Clint Frazier in order to trade for pitching and a 1b??
              I don't think it's unreasonable, but I'd doubt they deal him. The Yanks prospects are far ahead of where the team thought they'd be, and they could be perennial contenders for the next few years. But I'd have to imagine he's one of the players most teams ask for in any trade talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                I know the Yanks have a million injuries and somebody had to be promoted but is it unreasonable to think this could be a showcase of Clint Frazier in order to trade for pitching and a 1b??
                Interesting thought. You thinking some sort of package for Q and JAbreu?

Comment

• Is Frazier up for good?
                  I may as well promote him if he's very likely to exceed 130 ab this year. Yankees have 74 games left, he would probably get there in less than 30 starts.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    Is Frazier up for good?
                    I may as well promote him if he's very likely to exceed 130 ab this year. Yankees have 74 games left, he would probably get there in less than 30 starts.
                    Well, Hicks is now out for longer than the 3-to-4 weeks they said. But once Holliday gets back (which is likely to be Friday), there will be another time squeeze among him, Gardner, Frazier, Ellsbury & Judge. Frazier seems like the odd man out for now.

Comment

Well, Hicks is now out for longer than the 3-to-4 weeks they said. But once Holliday gets back (which is likely to be Friday), there will be another time squeeze among him, Gardner, Frazier, Ellsbury & Judge. Frazier seems like the odd man out for now.
                      makes sense - thanks
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Default 2018 lineup?
                        C: Gary Sanchez
                        1B: Greg Bird
                        SS/3B: Didi Gregorius
                        2B/3B: Starlin Castro
                        2B/SS/3B: Gleyber Torres
                        LF: Brett Gardner
                        CF: Jacoby Ellsbury
                        RF: Aaron Judge
                        DH: Clint Frazier?
                        UT: Ronnie Torreyes and/or Tyler Wade
                        1B/3B/DH: Chase Headley
                        OF: Aaron Hicks
                        C2: Austin Romine

Comment

Can't they move Holliday to first base?
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Can't they move Holliday to first base?
                            He played a few games there this season, but I think he was a butcher.

Comment

• In addition to Michael Pineda, the Yanks lose Greg Bird for the year, as he'll likely undergo ankle surgery soon. They've called up Garrett Cooper, who they acquired from the Brewers on Tuesday.

Comment

• From rotoworld:

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that the Athletics are prioritizing young center fielders in trade talks for Sonny Gray.
                                As such, Morosi hears that the Athletics have interest in Yankees prospect outfielder Estevan Florial, who has enjoyed a breakout year with Class A Charleston and recently played in the Futures Game. It's unclear if the Yankees would be willing to part with him in this particular deal, but the price tag figures to be high for a pitcher who is under team control though 2019. The Yankees have a clear need for a starter.

When I read stupidity like this, I went to shut down the rotoworld site.

So, to get Sonny Grey, who is having a healthy productive season, the yanks might not include some player that virtually nobody has ever heard of. Especially when the Yanks are super loaded with too many quality outfielders. This doesn't take into consideration if the A's would send their healthy productive starting pitcher for a nobody. And I get it, some nobody's turn into somebody's but rotoworld, the drivel is upsetting to non-yankee fans, how must it feel for new york fans?

Comment

Working...
                                X