2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    given Butler's already-mediocre-and-declining skills and his apparent assholeness of a personality, I gotta think he's seriously hurt his chances at any kind of a major league contract.
    and look at that ... the Yankees sign him.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Gary Sanchez is good. 19 HRs in 45 games. Yet another record for him.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Gary Sanchez is good. 19 HRs in 45 games. Yet another record for him.
        Amazing. He wasn't nearly this good a hitter with SWB, but as a SWB fan (who, by the way, won the AAA championship), I'm happy for him and think he's got a shot at the ROTY award.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Amazing. He wasn't nearly this good a hitter with SWB, but as a SWB fan (who, by the way, won the AAA championship), I'm happy for him and think he's got a shot at the ROTY award.
          With Michael Fulmer shitting the bed recently Sanchez has a chance at ROTY.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Lost in the Baby Bomber enthusiasm, Jacoby Ellsbury is following the Carl Crawford path to highly-paid mediocrity to a T. Still owed almost $90m for the next four seasons, Ellsbury put up a lackluster .261/.324/.376 line (87 OPS+) with just 9 HRs and 18 SBs, this after a remarkably similar 2015 season.

The amazingly similar Brett Gardner has also tumbled to new lows, putting up a .255/.345/.356 line -- his third straight season in the .250s -- as his power and speed have waned (just 7 HRs and 16 SBs).

Just as the old guard (ARod, Tex, Beltran) begins their exodus, the Yanks still have to contend with two former speedsters now becoming do-nothing plodders. And former starting catcher Brian McCann is now relegated to being an aging, low-BA DH.

And it's hard to believe, but Gary Sanchez is the ONLY Yank to have an OPS+ greater than 100. Wow.

The starting pitching, besides Masahiro Tanaka, is bad. Michael Pineda has had a Jekyll-and-Hyde type season, whiffing almost 200 but putting up an ERA of almost 5.00. Sabathia had a surprising 1st half followed by what's become a typical (for him) 2nd half -- he gave up 4 HRs in the first three months and 17 the last three months -- and can't be counted on. The younger starters are inconsistent and/or HR machines.

The bullpen, once a strength, has deteriorated badly. Betances has come back to earth as the closer, and they have no one else to rely on. The rest of the pen serves up gopher balls at a mind-blowing rate -- five of the pen's seven residents have a >2.3 HR/9 rate.

I like what Cashman has done, but with these gaping holes, Yankee fans shouldn't be fooled into thinking 2017 is their year.

Comment

• Didi Gregorius out until May with a strained oblique.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Didi Gregorius out until May with a strained oblique.
                Torres time?
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Torres time?
                  Probably Tyler Wade.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Torres time?
                    Torres optioned to minors today.

Comment

• Brett Gardner with his 4th SB of the season today, this after his 2016 season where he stole just 16 bases.

EDIT -- just stole his 5th base!

Comment

• Gary Sanchez expected to miss about a month.

Comment

• Trading McCann doesn't seem so great now

Comment

• Interesting quick take on Judge:

Aaron Judge's power isn't in question, but his ability to apply it in-game has been. But that hasn't been an issue so far, and Chris Towers says that makes the young slugger worth pursuing in Fantasy.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Aaron Judge hits the ball really, really far.

Comment

• Chance Adams is 4-0 with an 0.64 ERA in 28 innings at AA. 1.00 WHIP though because he walks too many guys.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X