2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    I dunno, I think it could be representative of different mindsets. 1-0, 2-0, I'm gonna pull; 2 strikes, I'm gonna go with the pitch (incl. opposite field); runner on third or against a tough pitcher I might just want to drive the ball up the middle.

Oh yeah - keep in mind, he's a switch hitter (tho obviously has had more ABs from the left side, there being more RHPs).

These seem like perfectly normal thoughts.
    I was thinking (still...which is dangerous), it could also be that many balls hit hard BETWEEN those 3 clumps of singles in LF, CF and RF go the wall for a double. There also seems to be FOUR somewhat distinct clumps of doubles - LF line, LC, RC and RF line. This theory perhaps makes the most sense. I'll have to look at the career spray charts of other hitters to see if there's the same pattern.

Comment

• Press conference for ARod tomorrow at 1 PM. Cashman and Girardi will be there. Interesting....
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Press conference for ARod tomorrow at 1 PM. Cashman and Girardi will be there. Interesting....
        Four homers shy of 700.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Either they're releasing him or he's retiring, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to retire!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Either they're releasing him or he's retiring, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to retire!
            Yeah, though if they were releasing him don't you think they'd just announce it and not have him there? Timmah didn't get a press conference, though I guess this is ARod and his huge contract.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• August 12th with be his last day. He will then be released from his contract (I assume he keeps his money this way) and then sign a contract to become an ambassador and advisor to the Yankees through 2017.
              Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 08-07-2016, 10:27 AM.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A-Rod only "retires" from Yankees in dog and pony show
                  he gets his money, and pretends he's set to work in Yankees front office
                  he still wants to play, this year or next, and gets paid anyway
                  #hellomarlins
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Apparently A-Rod asked to play 3rd in his final game...the Yankees said no. Poor form on their part, IMO, it would have been a small concession.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• HOLY CRAP what a monsoon they just had at Yankee Stadium during the A-Rod ceremeony

I just drove through the same squall about 20 minutes earlier. crazy-looking sky, massive bolts of lightning, roaring thunder, and a torrential downpour. I thought it might be End of Days stuff, but it's just A-Rod's End as a Yankee. God help us all...
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        This season was the first season A-Rod was a below average hitter since a half season when he was 19 years old more than 20 seasons ago. Top 10 hitter of all time, imo. Second best shortstop of all time behind only Honus Wagner. Not sure who's 3rd (maybe Jeter?) but they're a loooooooong ways behind A-Rod and Honus. But he'll never even see the Hall because somehow people think that Ken Griffey, Jr. was the only clean player in the last 30 years. Lame. Let 'em in!
                        ripken?

Comment

• Yanks recall Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin, so these two will likely start every day the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Not sure what the question is.
                            He's asking if Ripken is SS #3 in the all time rankings.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Whoever in the betting pool had August 13th as the day of Aaron Hicks' first stolen base of the season, collect your winnings.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Yanks recall Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin, so these two will likely start every day the rest of the way.
                                And they hit consecutive HRs in their 1st MLB at-bats, the first time that's ever been done in MLB history!

Comment

Working...
                                X