2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    the Yankees last finished under .500 in 1992 (76-86). their stars were Danny Tartabull and Melido Perez. that was their 4th straight losing season.

last time Yankees dealt away a big star because they were going nowhere I believe was Rickey Henderson in late June 1989, back to Oakland for Luis Polonia, Eric Plunk, and Greg Cadaret.
    They made a few deals over that losing era where they traded the known commodity for prospects (in addition to the Rickey deal): Steve Sax, Jack Clark, Rick Rhoden, Ken Phelps & Mike Pagliarulo, and also traded away Dave Winfield in the last year of his deal. But all these trades were less about "rebuilding" as they were a meddling owner moving players who no longer suited his needs, whatever they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Sounds about right. I love the Yankees but really hate the organization aside from Cashman.
      Sounds like Cashman is the only realistic person in the front office.

The Yankees front office is split over whether the team should be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline, a source told ESPN.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Sounds like Cashman is the only realistic person in the front office.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17...er-sell-assets
        Silliness. As some of their competition grows stronger (Boston just acquired Drew Pomeranz, for example), are they going to sell off their prospects to "compete?"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Silliness. As some of their competition grows stronger (Boston just acquired Drew Pomeranz, for example), are they going to sell off their prospects to "compete?"
          It's not silliness it's stupidity. Why can't they ever just let Cashman run the show. He's by far the most competent person in that organization.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Here's what cracks me up about them. Some reports are making it sound as if punting A-Rod and Tex literally just occurred to someone there, like some light bulb just flashed on:
            "Hey, I've got a great idea -- we suck, so we really don't have to play these washed up has-beens any longer. We should just release them!"
            "That's a great idea! I wish I would've thought of that!!"

According to Jon Heyman, if the Yankees do sell at the deadline, that could set off a domino effect that ends with multiple well-paid veterans getting the boot:
            Some New York Yankees people have discussed whether, if they decide to sell, they might consider releasing great veterans Mark Teixeira and Alex Rodriguez to get on with the rebuild.

Comment

• Do you think andrew miller is getting traded ?

I do think chapman is going, wondering if the yanks move both ...

Comment

• rumor today is Chapman goes, Miller stays

we'll see
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                  Do you think andrew miller is getting traded ?

I do think chapman is going, wondering if the yanks move both ...
                  As a Betances owner I hope they both go :P
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Yanks recall Luis Severino

Comment

• so big Tex announces he'll retire at the end of the season. some random stats ...

- 404 career HR (7th among active players)
                      - 1,281 RBI (9th among active players)
                      - 5 Gold Gloves
                      - 1836 career base hits... Here's a spray chart of them all ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        so big Tex announces he'll retire at the end of the season. some random stats ...

- 5 Gold Gloves

That's an impressively well distributed spray chart to say the least.

I had an observation... Notice that the singles are all clumped in 3 different groups - somewhat distinctly in LF, CF and RF. Why do you think that is? He couldn't possibly have taken 3 general approaches depending on pitch location that would generally send balls to 1 of three different locations for base hits into the outfield, right? I've got to think it was a matter of the people entering the data when the hits occurred tending to put the hits into 1 of 3 distinct buckets depending on if the hit was generally to left, center or right. Not a big deal. These are just the kind of weird things I think about.

Comment

• I dunno, I think it could be representative of different mindsets. 1-0, 2-0, I'm gonna pull; 2 strikes, I'm gonna go with the pitch (incl. opposite field); runner on third or against a tough pitcher I might just want to drive the ball up the middle.

Oh yeah - keep in mind, he's a switch hitter (tho obviously has had more ABs from the left side, there being more RHPs).

These seem like perfectly normal thoughts.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

so big Tex announces he'll retire at the end of the season. some random stats ...

- 5 Gold Gloves
                            Great chart! Thanks for posting. I will use it in my Data Management class next year.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Great chart! Thanks for posting. I will use it in my Data Management class next year.
                              I pasted it from a tweet, not sure what the original source was.

Comment

I pasted it from a tweet, not sure what the original source was.
                                The Internet.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X