2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Ike looks so, so bad. Maybe he just needs a few days to shake off the rust, but I do not understand why they don't either

-play Refsnyder at 1B
    -call up Gary Sanchez and either let him catch or play 1B, with McCann doing the other spot
    Probably because Tex expects to be back on Saturday.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Ike looks so, so bad. Maybe he just needs a few days to shake off the rust, but I do not understand why they don't either

-play Refsnyder at 1B
      -call up Gary Sanchez and either let him catch or play 1B, with McCann doing the other spot
      Gary Sanchez broke his thumb and only recently got cleared to resume baseball activities.

Comment

• Aaron Judge sprained his MCL and will miss a significant amount of time, so don't expect much from him at the major league level this season.

Comment

• How's that Aaron Hicks deal working out for the Yanks? I think that the Twins got the better part of that deal by NOT having Murphy on the roster...talk about crap for crap.

I know that there's no real hope for Hicks, this is what you get, barring some sort of a brain/personality transplant, I still think that there may be hope for Murphy though to at least become mediocre. That's the definition of a Twin! Other than Nunez...man, I love that guy.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• With the Yanks sitting at .500 but in reality resembling a club that's far worse, it's really in their best interests to begin the rebuilding process in earnest.

They really need to deal Andrew Miller & Aroldis Chapman, and deal Carlos Beltran while his value has been at its highest in years. If they could deal Brian McCann, Brett Gardner & Chase Headley, more power to them, and if they could get anything for Tex and Ivan Nova, they should do it.

Didi Gregorius has been a pleasant offensive surprise, and Starlin Castro is capable and young. Nate Eovaldi may ultimately be a better bullpenner than starter. It would've been nice to have Aaron Judge up, but his injury derailed that. Gary Sanchez needs to be promoted. Rob Refsnyder should play every day.

It may take a few years, but so be it. Yankee fans deserve to have a team they could root for with a chance in the future, not a team of relics.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              With the Yanks sitting at .500 but in reality resembling a club that's far worse, it's really in their best interests to begin the rebuilding process in earnest.

They really need to deal Andrew Miller & Aroldis Chapman, and deal Carlos Beltran while his value has been at its highest in years. If they could deal Brian McCann, Brett Gardner & Chase Headley, more power to them, and if they could get anything for Tex and Ivan Nova, they should do it.

Didi Gregorius has been a pleasant offensive surprise, and Starlin Castro is capable and young. Nate Eovaldi may ultimately be a better bullpenner than starter. It would've been nice to have Aaron Judge up, but his injury derailed that. Gary Sanchez needs to be promoted. Rob Refsnyder should play every day.

It may take a few years, but so be it. Yankee fans deserve to have a team they could root for with a chance in the future, not a team of relics.
              Couldn't agree more. Trade Ellsbury too even if it means eating a lot of the contract, and yes, I know it does mean that. I'd rather hang on to Gardner over Ellsbury but Gardner probably has more trade value. I just like Gardner. But I agree, they need to dump the entire team with the exception of Didi, Castro, Betances and Severino (yes, I know he's in the minors).

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Couldn't agree more. Trade Ellsbury too even if it means eating a lot of the contract, and yes, I know it does mean that. I'd rather hang on to Gardner over Ellsbury but Gardner probably has more trade value. I just like Gardner. But I agree, they need to dump the entire team with the exception of Didi, Castro, Betances and Severino (yes, I know he's in the minors).
                It's what they should do, but what are the chances they actually go full on fire sale? Have they ever done that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  It's what they should do, but what are the chances they actually go full on fire sale? Have they ever done that?
                  It won't happen. "Yankee Pride" will get in the way of that.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It won't happen. "Yankee Pride" will get in the way of that.
                    That would be sad. What good is Yankee Pride if all they're going to be is mediocre for the foreseeable future? There's nothing really of note on the horizon either (besides Greg Bird and perhaps the gargantuan Judge, who many feel will get chewed up by his huge strike zone), so this team isn't coming close to beating the Red Sox, Rangers, Astros, or any other well-made team built with high-upside prospects rather than mostly downside old timers.

It's epically sad that the best two Yankee hitters are a 39-year old and a guy known more for his glove than his bat. The rotation outside of Tanaka is horrendous. Pineda should be much better than he is, but he keeps serving up those XBHs. They should emulate the Dodgers and just pull the ripcord on ARod already -- he's just taking up a roster spot. What's $21m to the Yanks -- just eat the contract already and be done with it!

And just FYI, they have Nick Swisher at Scranton, who've they passed over numerous times, so he's probably toast.
                    Swisher finally got fed up of being passed by everyone and their mother, so he walked away from the team and is "contemplating his future."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      That would be sad. What good is Yankee Pride if all they're going to be is mediocre for the foreseeable future? There's nothing really of note on the horizon either (besides Greg Bird and perhaps the gargantuan Judge, who many feel will get chewed up by his huge strike zone), so this team isn't coming close to beating the Red Sox, Rangers, Astros, or any other well-made team built with high-upside prospects rather than mostly downside old timers.

It's epically sad that the best two Yankee hitters are a 39-year old and a guy known more for his glove than his bat. The rotation outside of Tanaka is horrendous. Pineda should be much better than he is, but he keeps serving up those XBHs. They should emulate the Dodgers and just pull the ripcord on ARod already -- he's just taking up a roster spot. What's $21m to the Yanks -- just eat the contract already and be done with it!

Swisher finally got fed up of being passed by everyone and their mother, so he walked away from the team and is "contemplating his future."
                      Again, I completely agree. Yankee Pride will only get in the way and hurt the franchise. Michael Kay doesn't help during the games cause he keeps talking about how this team is in the hunt for a wild card spot and could be dangerous if they make it. I get that his job is create some excitement but he's making everyone delusional about their expectations.

They need to sell.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Again, I completely agree. Yankee Pride will only get in the way and hurt the franchise. Michael Kay doesn't help during the games cause he keeps talking about how this team is in the hunt for a wild card spot and could be dangerous if they make it. I get that his job is create some excitement but he's making everyone delusional about their expectations.

They need to sell.
                        If Mike Kay talking up this team makes Yankee fans delusional then Yankee fans deserve the current product.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          If Mike Kay talking up this team makes Yankee fans delusional then Yankee fans deserve the current product.
                          I have no idea if it works on the average fan. It certainly doesn't work with me but the fact that he and everyone else at YES keep talking about how they have a chance just shows how the organization is thinking.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I have no idea if it works on the average fan. It certainly doesn't work with me but the fact that he and everyone else at YES keep talking about how they have a chance just shows how the organization is thinking.

Kay and cronies are in lock step with management that is so out of tpuch with knowledgable fans its embarrassing. Theyre trying to justify theyre rape-like pricing but are giving you garbage anyway. Just higher priced garbage.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              Kay and cronies are in lock step with management that is so out of tpuch with knowledgable fans its embarrassing. Theyre trying to justify theyre rape-like pricing but are giving you garbage anyway. Just higher priced garbage.
                              Sounds about right. I love the Yankees but really hate the organization aside from Cashman.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• the Yankees last finished under .500 in 1992 (76-86). their stars were Danny Tartabull and Melido Perez. that was their 4th straight losing season.

last time Yankees dealt away a big star because they were going nowhere I believe was Rickey Henderson in late June 1989, back to Oakland for Luis Polonia, Eric Plunk, and Greg Cadaret.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X