2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Nick Swisher's been passed over for promotion numerous times. If he does get the call, it really shows the state of the Yankee farm system.
    Or the state of A-Rod's glove at 1B.

Right now Romine is the backup plan at 1B.

In their defense, I guess, they did lose plan A to injury (Bird) and plan B to injury (Ackley) and plan C to the Mets (Loney)

Comment

• Is it time for the Yankees to finally do a real rebuild?

It's clear that even if they have a run in them, this team isn't going anywhere. They have the 2nd worst run-producing offense in the AL, and it's the worst using OPS. Severino and Pineda are disasters. Tex and ARod are batting under .200, and Gardner, McCann and Headley may be joining them in the Mendoza Cafe. The younger players, besides Nate Eovaldi, haven't been anything special.

There are no free agent fixes on the horizon, even with the money they have coming off the books. The best FA pitchers this off-season are Rich Hill and Andrew Cashner -- big whoop. The Yanks should look to deal whatever and whomever they can away -- Aroldis, Miller, Eovaldi, McCann, Tanaka, etc. -- and start rebuilding from the bottom up, not the top down, like they normally do. Cashman is a very capable GM, let him finally do what he wants.

Comment

Is it time for the Yankees to finally do a real rebuild?

It's clear that even if they have a run in them, this team isn't going anywhere. They have the 2nd worst run-producing offense in the AL, and it's the worst using OPS. Severino and Pineda are disasters. Tex and ARod are batting under .200, and Gardner, McCann and Headley may be joining them in the Mendoza Cafe. The younger players, besides Nate Eovaldi, haven't been anything special.

There are no free agent fixes on the horizon, even with the money they have coming off the books. The best FA pitchers this off-season are Rich Hill and Andrew Cashner -- big whoop. The Yanks should look to deal whatever and whomever they can away -- Aroldis, Miller, Eovaldi, McCann, Tanaka, etc. -- and start rebuilding from the bottom up, not the top down, like they normally do. Cashman is a very capable GM, let him finally do what he wants.
        Completely agree. I can't really think of anyone outside of Betances and Severino that should not be traded from the 25 man roster.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Mark Teixeira with a cartilage tear his his knee, which will probably knock him out for a good 4-to-6 weeks with rest, or the season if he needs surgery.

Comment

• With 7 shutout innings tonight, CC Sabathia is down to a 2.28 ERA. Whaaaaat?

Comment

With 7 shutout innings tonight, CC Sabathia is down to a 2.28 ERA. Whaaaaat?
              Yeah, between him and Rich Hill I'd say you've got a couple of the most unexpected success stories of the year so far. I sure didn't see that coming.

Comment

With 7 shutout innings tonight, CC Sabathia is down to a 2.28 ERA. Whaaaaat?
                Ive noticed hes throwing his cutter a lot more than he has in the past and it seems to be working well for him

Comment

• peripherals - from basic K/BB Ratio and deeper down - call B.S. here. don't overpay
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Yanks sign Ike Davis to be the everyday 1b man. So much for the youth movement!

Comment

Yanks sign Ike Davis to be the everyday 1b man. So much for the youth movement!
                      Well, crap. I was hoping Refsnyder might get a chance to run for a few weeks with the opportunity.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yanks sign Ike Davis to be the everyday 1b man. So much for the youth movement!
                        Is that the plan? Will Ike really get every day ABs?

Comment

• And just FYI, they have Nick Swisher at Scranton, who've they passed over numerous times, so he's probably toast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Is that the plan? Will Ike really get every day ABs?
                            At least vs. RHPs to start, but there's no other first baseman - besides the converted Refsnyder - on the active roster.

Comment

At least vs. RHPs to start, but there's no other first baseman - besides the converted Refsnyder - on the active roster.
                              Hmm...he might be worth speculating on then, in that band box.

Comment

• Ike looks so, so bad. Maybe he just needs a few days to shake off the rust, but I do not understand why they don't either

-play Refsnyder at 1B
                                -call up Gary Sanchez and either let him catch or play 1B, with McCann doing the other spot

Comment

Working...
                                X