No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masahiro Tanaka was quoted today as saying he's uncertain if he will be ready to start the season.

Comment

• bone bruises are awful. Sidelined Jaso for 3 months & one ended Teixeira's season. This knocks him down a few rounds & a few bucks in drafts IMO

Comment

• Yankees unexpectedly demoted Gary Sanchez to AAA and kept Austin Romine as their backup C.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Yankees unexpectedly demoted Gary Sanchez to AAA and kept Austin Romine as their backup C.
          Makes sense to keep the depth and delay the service time. It should have been a given all spring. I think the only reason it was considered a competition was for motivation, which only seems to have worked for Romine. I didn't like Cashman's "unleash the kracken" line and now I fear it went to Sanchez's previously questionable head. Cashman is never one to heap praise ("Tanaka is a #3 starter") so it really surprised me when he did it on a guy who has already had motivational issues.
          Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

• uh oh:
            Jared Diamond ‏@jareddiamond
            Andrew Miller was just drilled on the right wrist and immediately walked off the mound and into the dugout. He slammed his glove down.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              uh oh:
              Jared Diamond ‏@jareddiamond
              Andrew Miller was just drilled on the right wrist and immediately walked off the mound and into the dugout. He slammed his glove down.
              It's being called a bruised wrist but they haven't x-rayed it yet. If he were to have a broken wrist could Chapman appeal his suspension in the hopes that it buys them some time with both Betances and Chapman healthy? Depending on how long Miller is out that might not be a bad idea if it's feasible. Of course I haven't really thought this out so it's probably dumb.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                It's being called a bruised wrist but they haven't x-rayed it yet. If he were to have a broken wrist could Chapman appeal his suspension in the hopes that it buys them some time with both Betances and Chapman healthy? Depending on how long Miller is out that might not be a bad idea if it's feasible. Of course I haven't really thought this out so it's probably dumb.
                Chapman agreed to not appeal his suspension, so I assume that ship has sailed.

Comment

• He has a chip fracture in his non-throwing wrist https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/sta...28262591762432

Comment

• son of a nutcracker. he loses much of his value now, since he'll likely be out for most or all of chapman's absence. grrrrr.....
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• So Aaron Hicks was a little bit of a popular sleeper pick before the season, but he's been unequivocally terrible so far. Is this the real think, just a slow start, or is he *this close* to playing his way out of any PT altogether in NY? Dude has 1 hit in 17 ABs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                        So Aaron Hicks was a little bit of a popular sleeper pick before the season, but he's been unequivocally terrible so far. Is this the real think, just a slow start, or is he *this close* to playing his way out of any PT altogether in NY? Dude has 1 hit in 17 ABs.
                        Having seen him play quite a bit, this is the player that the Yankees traded for...they didn't know that of course. Like a lot of people, they were snowed by a hot month and a half, thinking that he'd finally turned the corner. Nope...great defensive player, mostly lost at the plate.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I was never sold on him as a hitter, but that arm was one of the reasons Hicks was a frequent member of top 50 prospect lists back in the day.

Comment

• A-Rod to the Dl with a hammy strain. Expected to be out 3-4 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              A-Rod to the Dl with a hammy strain. Expected to be out 3-4 weeks.
                              And now Rotoworld has an item saying he'll be ready soon after the 15 days are up.

He's 40 and presumably no longer on roids, so I'm inclined to be less optimistic with this.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Yankees have 6 homers tonight, Chase Headley has yet to have an extra base hit this season. 80 AB's and nothing...mind boggling.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X