4. JETER .603
    5. Craig .609
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Dude should just retire.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        Dude should just retire.

What's your point? Do you think he should "just retire" right now, two weeks before the season ends?

Comment

• yes, I believe that's what he was saying. He is an embarrassment to baseball over the last two weeks and I wouldn't be surprised if he also beats his children that he's had with his various girlfriends.

That is what TranaGreg was saying, anyway.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• well, if another future Hall of Famer was the worst non-pitching regular in baseball in his final season (and still batting 2nd, no less), I do think it would get a little notice nationally. but there's a narrative that is not to be touched

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by popeye View Post
              What's your point? Do you think he should "just retire" right now, two weeks before the season ends?
              I think you missed the joke.

Comment

• and yes, TranaGreg was joking

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  and yes, TranaGreg was joking
                  Glad to hear it.

Comment

• Next time I'll be sure to include a smiley.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The Orioles presented Jeter with a big suite of gifts tonight - maybe a hit in that basket?

Anyway, as Marylanders, they gave him crabs.

As they used to say on Password, "Turnabout is fair play."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

The Orioles presented Jeter with a big suite of gifts tonight - maybe a hit in that basket?

Still, it's pretty sad that Jeets will finish his career with what is likely to be a sub-.250 BA. He probably should have hung 'em up after last year's injury-plagued shortened season.

Comment

• Ah, he had a nice ride and the media never checked in, and it won't his legacy.
                          Now, Mantle was a top 10 OPS guy his final year, and people in 10 years will admire how Jeter "knew when it was time" compared to a vain guy like Mantle.

lol, but how is that Jeter's fault?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

The Orioles presented Jeter with a big suite of gifts tonight - maybe a hit in that basket?

Being from southeastern PA, and living in Maryland for 3 years now, if you give a basket of gifts to someone, and that basket is to represent Maryland, and you don't include crabs and Old Bay....you're being insulting.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

well, if another future Hall of Famer was the worst non-pitching regular in baseball in his final season (and still batting 2nd, no less), I do think it would get a little notice nationally. but there's a narrative that is not to be touched

I'm sure if the Yankees were in a tight race someone would be making something of it. Right now, does it really matter?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Derek Jeter is hitting .297.

Oh wait, that's his SLUGGING percentage.

I don't think I've seen lower. Not by him, but by anyone since he's been around!

Comment

Working...
                                X