No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Pineda has won the #5 spot in the rotation.

Comment

• uh oh......

Mark Teixeira admitted Thursday that he's still searching for his swing because he's "not trusting" that his surgically-repaired right wrist is healthy.
      "I’m just trying to protect it,’’ said Teixeira, who is batting .091 this spring. "Taking your ‘A’ swing, taking that swing that is 100 percent and I need to trust that I can do that and not feel pain. I need to finish my swing instead of protecting my wrist. Last year, to protect my wrist, I didn’t finish my swing.’’ The good news is that Teixeira says the wrist is "is feeling good, it’s getting stronger." However, he doesn't figure to be much of a fantasy option until he gets his swing back to pre-surgery form.
      Source: New York Post Mar 28 - 9:54 AM

Comment

• Tell him to look in 2011....
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Eduardo Nunez DFA'd. Maybe he'll head across town.....

Comment

• Mark Teixeira strained his right hamstring. Last time he did that, in the 2010 LCS, he was estimated to be gone 6-to-8 weeks. And so it begins for these ancient Yankees.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Mark Teixeira strained his right hamstring. Last time he did that, in the 2010 LCS, he was estimated to be gone 6-to-8 weeks. And so it begins for these ancient Yankees.....
              So if Tex has to miss some time, what are the options
              A) Kelly Johnson and Solarte plays 3B
              B) Kelly Johnson and Scott Sizemore gets added to the roster to play 3B
              C) Soriano
              D) Call up Russ Canzler from AAA
              E) Sign Kendrys Morales
              F) Other
              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Yangervis Solarte really intrigues me - the Yankee infield is filled with old, high injury risk players, his minor league BB:K rate is pretty good, and he appears to have a little bit of pop. I can get him for Kurt Suzuki (I have Yan Gomes and Ianetta at C, with Suzuki on my bench). Our league has only a 1-game appearance rule, too. Does it make sense to go get him?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Yangervis Solarte really intrigues me - the Yankee infield is filled with old, high injury risk players, his minor league BB:K rate is pretty good, and he appears to have a little bit of pop. I can get him for Kurt Suzuki (I have Yan Gomes and Ianetta at C, with Suzuki on my bench). Our league has only a 1-game appearance rule, too. Does it make sense to go get him?
                  For Kurt Suzuki? Yes...but don't expect much out of him. This is a guy who's got a career OPS of .733, and had a paltry .727 in the PCL last year. He really doesn't do anything particularly well, middling power (low teens in the PCL, single digits everywhere else), no speed, and a decent average.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    I'd do that deal for sure. Solarte is no great shakes, imo, but he's definitely worth a flier.
                    That was my thinking in an AL-only league.

For Kurt Suzuki? Yes...but don't expect much out of him.
                    Oh, I agree. I'm not portraying him as the next Dustin Pedroia or anything. But in an AL-Only league, I figured a guy who might have 2B-SS-3B eligibility and will get some R/RBI and not kill my OBP would be a good guy to have around.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Jeter now hitting .200 for the past 3 weeks in 65 AB, with 12 singles and a double. .240 for the season

ruhroh
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Anyone notice Dellin Betances has 56 Ks in 33 IP? Dude's on pace for 171 Ks!

Comment

Anyone notice Dellin Betances has 56 Ks in 33 IP? Dude's on pace for 171 Ks!
                          Yeah nasty stuff.. I had him but dropped him for Mejia about two weeks ago. I wish i had dropped one of my hitters instead, as someone else scooped him up.

Wade Davis has been pretty phenomenal too with the K's so far.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Kelly Johnson has just been brutal defensively this year. If Tex is out for any extended period, don't be shocked to see Kendrys Morales signed to play first with Johnson let go.

Comment

Kelly Johnson has just been brutal defensively this year. If Tex is out for any extended period, don't be shocked to see Kendrys Morales signed to play first with Johnson let go.
                              And just as brutal with the bat.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                And just as brutal with the bat.
                                Yeah, ain't that great? I had several people ask me about him before the season, and I told them all the same thing--"He'll have his hot streak--maybe. He'll have long slumps--definitely." He's one of those wild horse types--ride him for all he's worth, but be ready to bail out quickly.
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X