NLCS: Dodgers vs. Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLCS: Dodgers vs. Cardinals

Saw there was no dedicated thread......6th NLCS for the Cards in the last 10 years, wow.

Not to mention Ethier in CF

Comment

from the other thread

The official website of the Los Angeles Dodgers with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

"Dodgers management rolled the dice with the bullpen on Friday, dropping left-handed relievers Paco Rodriguez and Chris Capuano, while adding right-handed relievers Carlos Marmol and Edinson Volquez to the roster for the National League Championship Series.

The decisions were made because club officials concluded that the two lefties do not match up well with the Cardinals' right-handed batters, and the team believes that technical adjustments since their acquisitions have made Marmol and Volquez into more reliable options."

I looked up "reliable" in the dictionary, and sure enough theirs were the only two photos that came up. This is genius. What could possibly go wrong? The Cardinals' struggles against leftiies this season further underscores the wisdom of this move!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wow, I hadn't realized that the Dodgers went with Marmol and Volquez over the lefties and only have one lefty in the bullpen. Who are these "club officials" lol? Thank you, from a Cardinals fan, on behalf of our lineup. Now can you please, please let Marmol or Volquez pitch? Seriously, your bullpen is a little tired and might need some rest, please, please, let them pitch.

I'm not a big Capuano fan so didn't bother looking him up, but Paco Rodriguez vs. LHB: .400 OPS in 99 ABs.

I did think both managers did a pretty good job of choosing when to pitch relievers in game 1. Mattingly's decision to save his closer until a runner reaches 2B seems to me to be a pretty good rule of thumb on when to use your closer - save him for the highest leverage situation. And the Cardinals' bullpen isn't that deep, so Matheny using his closer Rosenthal for the 9th and 10th inning seemed wise as well.

Comment

damn, the Rally Bear isn't helping!

Comment

The Cardinals are fast becoming the Yankees of the NL! Bah!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              The Cardinals are fast becoming the Yankees of the NL! Bah!
              did a dodgers fan just say that? really? lol
              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Working...
              X