Arizona Fall League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Fall League

Any junkies headed to the AFL? Jason and I will both be presenting. I know Joe will be there because I'm staying with him and Adam as well because Jason is staying with him. Anyone else? Would love to see y'all there!!

DQ told me he's going again
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      DQ told me he's going again
      Yeah, maybe some of the knowledge presented will actually sink in this time.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
        Any junkies headed to the AFL? Jason and I will both be presenting. I know Joe will be there because I'm staying with him and Adam as well because Jason is staying with him. Anyone else? Would love to see y'all there!!
        Unfortunately, no. But you need to update your links and add "2014 Starting Pitcher Guide: Pre-Order Now!". Not that I want it or anything.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

maybe DMT will set upi his west coast pony league...
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Epic time as usual....pretty crazy to see Sporer and Collette as the "eloquent and extroverted" end of the Fantasy Baseball analyst community, who'd a thunk it? Bucky as the grizzled veteran, DQ as a returnee, Paul's dog Curtis as the most mellow dog ever, multiple poker tourney cashes, and me this year as the Johnny Appleseed of weed were the featured highlights I thought, as the "ready for MLB this year" talent level wasn't really there. AFL is an amazing baseball experience regardless.
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

For all those attending, what are some of the names you have circled. I gather Buxton, Addison, Bryant and Meyer. Beyond those, who made an impression?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                For all those attending, what are some of the names you have circled. I gather Buxton, Addison, Bryant and Meyer. Beyond those, who made an impression?

J
                Scott Piscotty, OF, STL
                Devon Travis, 2B, DET
                C.J. Cron, 1B, LAA
                Mookie Betts, 2B, BOS

Also, funny story about Gerin Cecchini, 3B, BOS. Paul and I were at a game and Cecchini was playing third base. Three times a grounder or line drive went down the line and he didn't move, just turned his head and watched it go down the line, fair. We were sitting next to the dugout for Cecchini's team and after the third time this happened I say, loud enough for the dugout to hear, "Does he know he's playing third base?" Steve Karsay, who is the pitching coach heard me, and turned his head and gave me a wry smile with a look like "no shit!"
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Scott Piscotty, OF, STL
                  Devon Travis, 2B, DET
                  C.J. Cron, 1B, LAA
                  Mookie Betts, 2B, BOS

Also, funny story about Gerin Cecchini, 3B, BOS. Paul and I were at a game and Cecchini was playing third base. Three times a grounder or line drive went down the line and he didn't move, just turned his head and watched it go down the line, fair. We were sitting next to the dugout for Cecchini's team and after the third time this happened I say, loud enough for the dugout to hear, "Does he know he's playing third base?" Steve Karsay, who is the pitching coach heard me, and turned his head and gave me a wry smile with a look like "no shit!"
                  You left out your call on him whiffing of the first pitch for the Rising Stars game

Comment

Working...
                  X