• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALDS: Tigers/As

I mean, look at the matchups:

Scherzer, Verlander, Anibal, Fister, Scherzer

vs

Colon, Sonny Gray, Jarrod Parker, Dan Straily?, Colon

Of course, pitching is only part of run prevention, and the Tigers have a banged up Miggy at 3B and might play Jhonny Peralta in LF, single-handedly undoing all the good that Jose Iglesias does at SS.

Other than Smyly and Benoit and maybe Porcello, I don't really trust the Tigers bullpen. Oakland might have an edge there with Balfour/Cook/Doolittle.

I still think it's hard to favor the team starting Steven Vogt and Alberto Callaspo.
    A's in 3
    0%
    A's in 4
    0%
    A's in 5
    0%
    Tigers in 3
    0%
    Tigers in 4
    0%
    Tigers in 5
    0%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by joncarlos
    I mean, look at the matchups:

Scherzer, Verlander, Anibal, Fister, Scherzer

vs

Colon, Sonny Gray, Jarrod Parker, Dan Straily?, Colon

Of course, pitching is only part of run prevention, and the Tigers have a banged up Miggy at 3B and might play Jhonny Peralta in LF, single-handedly undoing all the good that Jose Iglesias does at SS.

Other than Smyly and Benoit and maybe Porcello, I don't really trust the Tigers bullpen. Oakland might have an edge there with Balfour/Cook/Doolittle.

I still think it's hard to favor the team starting Steven Vogt and Alberto Callaspo.
    It was hard to think of them winning 90 games. A's in a less than stunning upset.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I'll take the theory that you don't bet against the team with 2 stud SP's in a short series. I know Verlander was not a stud this year, but I think he will be in the playoffs. Colon may work his magic or as it is now October turn into a pumpkin. After that you are relying on young guys who haven't done this before Gray, Straily and Parker who lost twice to the Tigers in last year's playoffs-----Tigers in 4
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I'm rooting for the Tigers but voted for the A's. However, as the Yankees found out a few years ago (are you listening, Bob?), one should never look past Detroit.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

good series - I thought the A's acquitted themselves very well, but as so often happens in October the vets came through.

Looking forward to Det-Bos. Should be a very good series. Not sure who I like yet.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
          X