AL Keeper (part II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keeper (part II)

I had a two good years so I ended up in rebuild this year. I drafted expensive/tradable players and injured/upside players and then dumped as early as possible while guys were still in it. Here's what I have to show for it.

It's a 12 team AL only 6x6 (normal cats plus OBP and Win differential) with a $260 budget, 23 man roster (DH is a position). I can keep up to 15 players.

Contracts are as follows: D = drafted in 2013 price stays the same.*= drafted in 2012, option year, can extend at $5 per year or keep for one year. ##= already signed to guaranteed contract thru that year must pay double salary to drop. FAAB can be kept at price (treated as drafted).

Conger, Hank(C) LAA 1 D
    Dozier, Brian(2B) MIN 1 D
    Dominguez, Matt(3B) HOU 4 D
    Profar, Jurickson(2B,DH,) TEX 6 D
    Machado, Manny(3B) BAL 6 *
    Garcia, Avisail(OF) CHW 1 D

Lough, David(OF) KC 10 D
    Myers, Wil(DH,OF) TB 6 D
    Viciedo, Dayan(OF) CHW 12 15
    Wallace, Brett(1B) HOU 4 D

Sizemore, Scott(2B,3B) OAK 1 *
    Martinez, J.D.(OF) HOU 1 D
    Montero, Jesus(C,DH) SEA 6 *
    Pitchers
    Capps, Carter(P) SEA 5 FAAB
    Darvish, Yu(P) TEX 6 *
    Duffy, Danny(P) KC 1 D

Happ, J.A.(P) TOR 3 D
    Lackey, John(P) BOS 3 D
    McGee, Jake(P) TB 2 D

Rienzo, Andre(P) CHW 5 FAAB
    Soria, Joakim(P) TEX 1 *
    Lewis, Colby(P) TEX 1 D

Minors--we have a max 6 roster all year, so I need to drop 3 (or trade) as I have picks 1,5 & 12
    minors get a $6 salary once active.
    Cowart, Kaleb(3B) LAA
    Russell, Addison(SS) OAK
    Davis, D.J.(OF) TOR
    Heathcott, Slade(OF) NYY
    Williams, Mason(OF) NYY
    Odorizzi, Jake(P) TB

Bold are my definite keepers, looking to trade Dominguez as Miggy will be available so I need a 3B/CI opening.
    Plan on extending Machado and Darvish to $16
    Inflation generally runs 20-25%

Any thoughts?
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

I think you've got the hitters right. You have to wait and see if Machado is 100% healthy. $16 seems great if he is. But what if it lingers? Hard to give a 3-year deal to any pitcher but I think I would do it with a $16 Darvish. If you're starting 2 catchers I think Conger could be a keeper. I wouldn't lose sleep over ditching any of your non-Russell prospects except maybe Williams. Duffy had some arm troubles that worry me but at that price you might have to take the chance. If inflation is 20-25 percent I think you need to deal someone like Duffy or Dozier or maybe Garcia for a solidly valued stud hitter.

Comment

Working...
    X