Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects (End-of-Season Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vidal Nuno of the yanks?

Pretty solid numbers across the board. He's a lefty. How come I never heard of him before?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
      Vidal Nuno of the yanks?

Pretty solid numbers across the board. He's a lefty. How come I never heard of him before?
      Thanx for the response, WBG.

Nuno pitcher 20 inn. last year for the Yanks, including 3 starts. He supposedly could be in the mix for the last rotation spot next year, which tells you how dire the Yanks' rotation looks now. He's only 5'11" so he would seem to profile as a reliever. He's nowhere near my top 150. He'd be a late reserve round pick, if anything, in fantasy rt now.

Comment

rhd,

Anything to see with some of the other 2014 MLB draft candidates? We've got a large keeper base, so one of the ways to get ahead is take players before they get drafted. Last year I was able to get Kris Bryant and Carlos Rodon.

The names that I'm looking at for this year are:
        Jeff Hoffman
        Alex Jackson
        Tyler Beede
        Tyler Kolek

What are your thoughts on these guys and any other possible future picks?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
          rhd,

Anything to see with some of the other 2014 MLB draft candidates? We've got a large keeper base, so one of the ways to get ahead is take players before they get drafted. Last year I was able to get Kris Bryant and Carlos Rodon.

The names that I'm looking at for this year are:
          Jeff Hoffman
          Alex Jackson
          Tyler Beede
          Tyler Kolek

What are your thoughts on these guys and any other possible future picks?
          Thanx for the response, Rufus.

Is Trea Turner available? He's the only amateur besides Rodon in my Top 150 rt now (#42). Jeff Hoffman is just off the list. The other 3 guys you mentioned are in the next group of 4 amateurs. The one that you didnt list is Jacob Gatewood. He's a HS SS.

Re: other options, Kenta Maeda (#150 on the list) could be coming to the US as early as 2014. I would imagine that whether Tanaka gets posted or not might affect whether Maeda gets posted also. I do expect that Tanaka will be posted, but it's far from certain. His team is supposed to decide by Wednesday. If neither one comes this year, they both might come in 2015.

I've also added several players to my list since I last posted it. Some of these guys might be available:
          S. Piscotty (OF-StL),
          A. Guerrero (2B-LAD),
          B Shipley (SP-Ari),
          B Burns (OF-Oak),
          C Taylor (SS-Sea),
          P Johnson (SP-CHC),
          S Manaea (SP-KC),
          M Gonzalez (SP-Phi),
          J Pinto (C-Min),
          H Ramirez (OF-Pit),
          T Lindsey (2B-LAA),
          T Anderson (SS-CHW),
          S Heathcott (OF-NYY),
          J Graham (SP-Atl),
          E Butler (SP-Col)

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Thanx for the response, Rufus.

Is Trea Turner available? He's the only amateur besides Rodon in my Top 150 rt now (#42). Jeff Hoffman is just off the list. The other 3 guys you mentioned are in the next group of 4 amateurs. The one that you didnt list is Jacob Gatewood. He's a HS SS.

Re: other options, Kenta Maeda (#150 on the list) could be coming to the US as early as 2014. I would imagine that whether Tanaka gets posted or not might affect whether Maeda gets posted also. I do expect that Tanaka will be posted, but it's far from certain. His team is supposed to decide by Wednesday. If neither one comes this year, they both might come in 2015.

I've also added several players to my list since I last posted it. Some of these guys might be available:
            S. Piscotty (OF-StL),
            A. Guerrero (2B-LAD),
            B Shipley (SP-Ari),
            B Burns (OF-Oak),
            C Taylor (SS-Sea),
            P Johnson (SP-CHC),
            S Manaea (SP-KC),
            M Gonzalez (SP-Phi),
            J Pinto (C-Min),
            H Ramirez (OF-Pit),
            T Lindsey (2B-LAA),
            T Anderson (SS-CHW),
            S Heathcott (OF-NYY),
            J Graham (SP-Atl),
            E Butler (SP-Col)

Hope this helps.
            Yes, Trea Turner is available and that's who I'm hoping to get with my first round pick given my lack of speed currently. Thanks for the additional names, I'll have to do some research on them in the next few weeks.

Will you plan on bumping up Tanaka any more now that he's going to be posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
              Yes, Trea Turner is available and that's who I'm hoping to get with my first round pick given my lack of speed currently. Thanks for the additional names, I'll have to do some research on them in the next few weeks.

Will you plan on bumping up Tanaka any more now that he's going to be posted?
              Nope. He's currently #12 before and after the news. My rankings are kinda like the stock market in that they reflect what I expect to happen in the near future. When what I expected actually happens, it just confirms my expectation, so I wont bump him up just on this news, but it does solidify the ranking. I did bump up Maeda, tho, as now I anticipate that he very well may be posted also. He's now #88.

Comment

Working...
              X