Is Adrian Beltre now a clear HoF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Adrian Beltre now a clear HoF?

Beltre's name popped up in relation to the Todd Helton HoF debate.

Here is his HoF tracker from BE

Hall Of Fame StatisticsPlayer rank in (·)
    Black Ink Batting - 9 (257), Average HOFer ≈ 27

Gray Ink Batting - 87 (269), Average HOFer ≈ 144

Hall of Fame Monitor Batting - 89 (197), Likely HOFer ≈ 100

Hall of Fame Standards Batting - 40 (168), Average HOFer ≈ 50

JAWS Third Base (8th), 70.4 career WAR/46.4 7yr-peak WAR/58.4 JAWS
    Average HOF 3B (out of 13) = 67.4 career WAR/42.6 7yr-peak WAR/55.0 JAWS

As a hitter, he is surprisingly like Eddie Murray, but much more valuable defensively.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I thought he was before this season, so I'm going with yes. I'm surprised he doesn't have more black ink but he does have 4 gold gloves and a pair of top-3 MVP seasons. Then again, he's the evolutionary Ron Santo and look how long it took him to get in. Santo was basically done at 33. Beltre is not. Hopefully that helps.

Comment

I think getting 400 HR will remove any doubt. A couple years ago he was being called another Rolen, but he has clearly passed that.

Just how big was that 2004 seaon in Dodger Stadium?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think Beltre is already a HOFer but a couple more seasons at this level should make him a lock. Of course, whether he can maintain this level for a couple more seasons remains to be seen.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I suspect that he's going to be one of those players whom the voters look for reasons to not support. He played for two major market teams, but his time with the Dodgers was not a successful period for the team, and he was in Boston for just one year. His time in Seattle was far from the limelight and not very productive, and, for whatever reason, the Texas teams he was on that went to the WS don't get much love.

On top of that, 3Bs have a hard time getting into the Hall for some reason.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

He already was before this season started.

the best all around 3B over the past 10 years IMO

Comment

Working...
            X