ssssh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssssh...

Henderson Alvarez has a no-hitter through 9 but the Marlins haven't scored either.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Marlins win on a couple wild pitches, Alvarez gets the no-hitter.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Tough situation for the Tigers, I'm sure they didn't want extra innings, but they didn't want to end the season on the wrong end of a no-no either.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
        Tough situation for the Tigers, I'm sure they didn't want extra innings, but they didn't want to end the season on the wrong end of a no-no either.
        is that true?
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          is that true?
          An assumption on my part, but the first part is a given, why risk an injury to anyone at this point, granted many of the players on the field were subs or Sept 1 callups, but there were still a few guys in who will be on the playoff roster. I'm also sure they want to get back to Detroit ASAP. As for the second part, I would think that no major league team wants to get no-hit---EVER. Granted this one will be forgotten by them by the time they are wheels up out of Miami, it's about as painful as getting no-hit in spring training.
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
          X