X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Re-Sign Pence to a 5-Yr Deal

5 Yrs, $90m after his MVP-type season.

a year or two too far, but glad they resigned him
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      a year or two too far, but glad they resigned him
      Agreed, but far better and less risky than the Zito deal.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

I like it. It's a lot of money but they need the bat. Their window is better now, before the Dodgers figure out how to build a 200mil farm system. They have Cain/Pence/Posey/MadBum locked up for a while.

Comment

Pence ended up with September numbers of 11 hr, 32 rbi, and a .293 avg !
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I like it, too. Buying high on a guy who's pretty much Andre Ethier and paying him $5 million more out of your small budget? Sounds good to me.
            Pence provides better defense than Ethier and will deliver more 5x5 fantasy value next year. Hell, I'll give you Either +5$ if I get 2-1.
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X