10-team NL only - last-minute paranoia about keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-team NL only - last-minute paranoia about keepers

10-team NL 5x5. Inflation around 40%, a lot of which is concentrated in the top-end hitters -- the only top-end players available are Holliday, Reyes, Zimmerman, Ethier, Utley, Phillips, and McCann.

I just traded McCutchen ($1, option year so he's getting a raise) for Tommy Hanson ($2, year 2), and I feel like I'm going in with a decent team but unsurprisingly I'm suddenly worried about my offense.

Here's my keeper list, and then the fringe guys... I'm not planning to keep any of them but I could use a bit of confidence.

Conveniently, none of my guys are in their option year so I don't have to think about that. Next year will be ugly though.

1B: Gaby Sanchez $7
    2B: Rickie Weeks $24
    SS: Juan Uribe $1
    OF: Michael Bourn $14 (expiring contract)
    OF: Corey Hart $23 (expiring contract)
    OF: Andres Torres $10
    OF: Logan Morrison $1

P: Tommy Hanson $2
    P: Roy Oswalt $24
    P: Hiroki Kuroda $17
    P: Ricky Nolasco (topper rights only, will be auction salary -$5)
    P: Ryan Franklin $12
    P: Jonny Venters $5
    (P: Craig Kimbrel $5, but not on my active roster for the auction)

minors: Julio Teheran $10, Wilmer Flores $5

and marginal options:
    Matt Holliday $53
    Aramis Ramirez $30
    Ryan Theriot $9
    Ben Francisco $7

Should I keep any of those guys? I'm considering Francisco but then my outfield would be full.

(Also, this team seems decent, right? There's one ridiculous team but this feels above average to me. I still have about $10 to spend on pitching and about $100 on hitting.)

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Looks like an excellent keeper list to me. If inflation is that high, I'd keep Theriot at 9, and spend the remainder of your hitting cash on power. I'm not that hung up on having all the MI slots filled.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Is this my old team in Jason's FL league? I recognize some players at the salaries I had them at, but also a lot of new faces.
      拖裤子,
      放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

yep! GwynnInTheHall and I had a dispersal draft between your team and another abandoned one, and then I traded McCutchen (1/yr 3) for Tommy Hanson (2/yr 2) and traded Jordan Lyles and the topper on Jair Jurrjens for Jonny Venters and the topper on Ricky Nolasco (I was paranoid about Kimbrel not keeping the job). GITH took most of the high-end talent that was on expiring contracts and I took all the yr 2 guys.

so if you have any tips on how to exploit the people in that league, let me know.

- Mike
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd keep Theriot in this scenario - you still have UT, and I doubt you find a better buy in this spot...
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Its a little sad to see someone else take the reins of my NL Juggernaut. Do you know who the other owner was who left? Not sure if I have any advice that could help. When is the draft?
            拖裤子,
            放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

The draft is Saturday. It looks like the other team that left is the Tehran Isotopes.

- Mike

Comment

Working...
              X