an impressive feat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an impressive feat

In a 16-team head-to-head league with a couple guys I know from my real-life baseball league and a bunch of their friends, I'm playing in the finals this week. My opponent, who finished second in the overall standings, has not logged in since May and has made zero moves all season. No pickups, no DL moves, not even changing who's active.

His team:

C: Arencibia
    1B: Hosmer
    2B: ECabrera
    SS: Castro
    3B: Alvarez
    OF: Upton, Choo, Bruce
    UT: Jennings, CGomez

Bench: CRoss, CCarter, Quentin, YEscobar

SP: Kershaw, Lester
    RP: Rivera, Axford
    P: EJackson, Grilli, Veras, Cishek

Bench: Straily

He probably won SB, SV, ERA, and WHIP every week and got there in a couple other hitting categories some weeks.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Almost as impressive is that he did it with JPA, Alvarez and Upton on his team. More weeks than not those guys were black holes.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

if he was in my or Hammer's leagues, he would've been replaced by June. Turrble job by the commish.

Comment

Working...
      X