• Keeper question

Z Greinke or C Hamels?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I'd keep Hamels, but I wouldn't have any big argument keeping Greinke. But Greinke's K rate drop and what looks like an abnormal hit rate looks like he'll correct to 3.0 to 3.5 ERA with 1.upper teens WHIP. That's still pretty darn good, and he plays for a good team with a beast of a closer. But I like the near slam-dunk guaranteed 200+ ks from Hamels, low WHIP, and what I think is better liklihood for a positive correction to mean on ERA (toward low 3s).
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I think I'd lean Hamels too, but wins could be a problem for him. I expect the Dodgers to be significantly better than Philly next year. And Greinke seems very happy as the #2 behind Kershaw. It's just about his perfect spot.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I think I'd lean Hamels too, but wins could be a problem for him. I expect the Dodgers to be significantly better than Philly next year. And Greinke seems very happy as the #2 behind Kershaw. It's just about his perfect spot.
        I was just thinking Greinke/Hamels would be a great RHP/LHP duo. Barely two months apart in age, they could have pitched together for 15 years.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

At what prices? It's a tough call if equal; I favor Greinke for no particular reason.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            At what prices? It's a tough call if equal; I favor Greinke for no particular reason.
            Dead equal. Here is the list. These are the players who are out of options. I can keep 4, hence the number. The main optionable players are Jason Werth, Jean Segura and Jose Fernandez.

1B Paul Goldschmidt (4)
            2B Robinson Canó (4)
            3B Adrián Béltre (4)
            OF Andrew McCutchen (4)
            OF Matt Holliday (4)

SP Cole Hamels (4)
            SP Zack Greinke (4)
            RP Jonathan Papelbon (4)
            BN Michael Bourn (4)

J

PS 16 team H2H. We are halfway through the finals. It's a nail biter.
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Hmmm. I guess you have to keep a pitcher? Otherwise I'd go Cutch, Goldy, Cano, Beltre.

Comment

Working...
              X