Thoughts on my team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    We do get one muligan meaning we can pull back or cut one player on draft day.
    we do that too. makes it so a last-minute ST injury doesn't hurt you too badly. i like it that way.

on the issue of having such a short period between freeze date and auction be a _planned_ part of the rules, i guess i'm just not seeing any compelling purpose it could serve. yes, it gives slightly more time to set your list, but that is a minor advantage compared to the disadvantage of a short time to prep for the auction, IMHO. as far as looking at other GMs rosters to try to guess at their freeze lists, yes, you could do it, but for anybody that plays in more than one league, it'd be time-prohibitive. i mean, i'd have to look at 30 other teams this year, and in past years when i've been in 3 leagues it'd be another roughly 15. i'd estimate 15 minutes to give another GMs team justice, which would mean ~8 hours for me this year. sorry, but i'm not willing to spend that kind of time in a guessing game...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

It is true that most of our owners are only in this league (including me), and the rest just have one other league I think.

That would be a reasonable factor in terms of when to freeze. The extra time to decide would be overwhelmed by your point about having so many leagues per owner.

I'd also say that anything less than 96 hours seems like it's starting to push it.

But yeah, if everyone likes it another way, go for it. c'est le vie
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The short interval is due to our total lack of organization. This is the shortest we've ever had it, and I was not happy about it.

I like the idea of doing the draft a few days into the season. I may throw that out as an idea next year.

Comment

It's ideal now that they are starting on a Friday this year (or Thursday, whatever).

When you waited a week, occasionally you could have a surprise SP already 2-0 with a 0.90 ERA or something. But with just a couple of days, we all know the 25-man rosters yet there isn't much action already gone...
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
          X